“No Problems!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #51 of 132 hotels in Portland
Lexington, Kentucky
“No Problems!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013

I read many reviews about shabby furniture and poor internet service. I experienced neither during my recent stay. I had no trouble at all with the internet. Fast, no dropping. My room was meticulous, with a fabulous recliner.

It seems the Executive Tower is where they put the Hilton Honors folks. I am glad I am one because the room was so nice. I got free breakfast and free internet. Each and every staff member was knowledgable and pleasant, very helpful with cabs, directions, wake up calls. Did some things without me having to ask. The waitress in the morning remembered I like decaf and egg white omelets. If there were troubles before, it looks like they addressed them all. I'd go back in a heartbeat.

Room Tip: Don't worry about being on the 20th floor, the elevators are like rocket ships. No waiting.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Anthony R, Manager at Hilton Portland & Executive Tower, responded to this review, June 25, 2013
Thank you for sharing a detalied review and being a loyal Hilton HHonors member! I am always excited to read that our staff made an impact on a guest’s stay. We look forward to welcoming you back to Portland soon!

1,058 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (180)
  • Korean first
McMinnville, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

From arrival to departure, my stay was top notch. The rooms are very comfortable and very clean. The price is not inexpensive, but I felt there was good value for what I paid. Staff are very helpful. I would stay at this location again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

I am happy to read you had an excellent stay with us and will share your comments with our team. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with our fellow travelers and we look forward to your return visit.
Seattle, WA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

Wife and I had stayed at the Hilton Hotel in downtown Portland a few years ago, and while the room was small, the bed was comfortable and the service was good. We got that room on a Priceline bid. When I asked for an upgrade to the Executive Tower then, they said no, not with the rate we got through Priceline.

This year we decided to stay in Portland again and I bid on Priceline again! Got the Hilton, and I wasn't too super excited about it as I knew the rooms were a little small. So I thought to myself, I'd ask for an upgrade to the Executive Tower, or at least a corner room. We got both! Without me having to ask, the girl at the counter said our room was in the Executive Tower on the 11th floor, which is the lowest floor for the Executive Tower. Turns out we got a large corner room! It had a large window, plenty of space, and the bed was super comfortable. The refrigerator was missing, and there were no robes. Called down to the front desk, and asked for robes and slippers. They couldn't do slippers, but brought us two robes.

Slept very well, the bed is as good as any hotel bed can get. Had room service the next morning, and my "American Breakfast" with scrambled eggs was excellent. Eggs cooked perfectly, and were hot, and the bacon was delicious. My wife had the smoked salmon eggs benedict, which she said was not so great, the smoked salmon was too salty.

The location of the Hilton can't be beat. We walked there from the train station (about a 15 minute walk down 6th). We had dinner at the nearby Heathman Hotel. We'd definitely return to the Hilton in Portland, as long as we could get the Executive Tower again!

Room Tip: Get a room in the Executive Tower if you can!
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your detailed review. I am happy to read you were able to experience our Executive tower and enjoyed our room service. We look forward to welcoming you back soon!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013

Whether you are traveling for business or pleasure, this is a great place to stay at a very reasonable price. Wife and I stayed 5 nights visiting our daughter. I asked for a quite room and got the top floor with view of the city/river...very nice. It was quite and fairly large with an L shaped large desk and nice bath (had a large tiled shower, no tub).

Location in downtown is near shopping and most things you would want including many types of good to great resturants. Staff was very accomodative and friendly. Will be back next year.

Room Tip: The higher the better, 20th floor is best.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Anthony R, Manager at Hilton Portland & Executive Tower, responded to this review, June 18, 2013
Thank you for sharing your experience with our fellow travelers. We look forward to welcoming you back next year!
Atlanta, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013

Staff saved the day for my printing needs. Business center had an issue with printers but the front desk took care of everything. Excellent choice for business trips. Clean rooms, quiet rooms, good breakfast choices. Would definitely go back for business or personal travel.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Thank you for the review! I am always happy to read you enjoyed your stay and our team members were able to assist you with your printing needs. We look forward to welcoming you back on you next business or personal trip!
UK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

Upon check in I was advised confusingly that there is another building across the road that is part of hilton and I had been upgraded to the Exec tower. The short road crossing indeed led to another building which seems smaller foot print and taller. The decor is nice, I would say just above average for a Hilton.

The real winner that has gained the rating is the food and drink downstairs in the attached bar. The drinks were great, and inventive, while the food was really good. The service was average to good, and the value was as always average to poor (then again which hotel restaurant is good value?!).

The staff in reception were great in ordering a large cab for an early departure, and overall I would recommend this hotel for a stay in central Portland.

Room Tip: If you can get a east facing room in the upper levels (17 plus) of the exec tower you should have a...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your review. I am happy to read you enjoyed our Porto Terra restaurant and will share your comments with our team. I am sorry for the confusing start of your stay but happy that your stay overall was a success! We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

The hotel had excellent service from the front desk to concierge to the valet. The Portland Rose Festival was in town and the parade was blocking the parking garage. Hilton notified customers with less than 24 hour notice. It required you to park your car in another garage (extra fee) to have your car. Also, the shower curtain and room curtains had stains and were extremely dirty.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for review . I am happy to read you enjoyed our teams’ hospitality and want to apologize about the condition of your curtains. I have shared your experience our housekeeping team to address. We hope you have an opportunity to visit us again soon.

Been to Hilton Portland & Executive Tower? Share your experiences!