“Needs some updating, great location and staff” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Bed & Breakfast Package
Ranked #51 of 132 hotels in Portland
Minato, Japan
“Needs some updating, great location and staff”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013

Carpet was worn but the rest of the room was nice and clean. Concierge staff were outstanding, very helpful. The rooms are slighty small, well furnished and otherwise nice. Location is excellent to access all of downtown Portland sights, restaurants, etc.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
AnthonyRico, Manager at Hilton Portland & Executive Tower, responded to this review, May 14, 2013
Thank you for your review. I am happy read our concierges were very accommodating and I will share your experience with them. I am excited to announce that we will be renovating this fall and we hope you have the opportunity to see our new look.

1,061 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (181)
  • Korean first
British Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

Service! Thank you to Domenic at the front desk, I was on business and brought my 75 yr old Mom with, walking distance to great food & shopping. I splurged and upgraded to a top floor 2 bath living room suite, the suite was enough for Mom to sit in the sunny window while reading a book. Buffet breakfast was great and the staff in the restaurant happy! Only stayed for 2 nights but Mom is still talking about the great time she had!

Room Tip: Stay in the towers and for an extra treat spend money and get a suite, life is worth living! You wil...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
AnthonyRico, Manager at Hilton Portland & Executive Tower, responded to this review, May 8, 2013
Thank you for sharing your experience with us and other travelers. It is great to read that you brought your mother for this visit and she enjoyed her suite. I will also share your comments with Dominic. We hope you choose to stay with us again the next time your travels bring you to the Portland area
Vancouver, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

My husband and I spent one night on a Romance Package with the Hilton in downtown Portland. I thought we would be in the main (older) hotel, but they confirmed us into the Executive Tower. Rooms are a little larger there, and newer. The staff was lovely and the weekend was great. Strawberries with chocolate and caramel were a nice surprise in addition to the bottle of sparkling wine.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your business and your feedback. It’s wonderful to read that you enjoyed your romantic weekend and your strawberries with sparkling wine. We hope to serve you again during your next getaway to the Portland area.
Denver, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

This hotel is in a prime location in the downtown area. You can catch the lightrail, city trams, or buses that will take you to every corner of the city within 2 blocks of the front door. We stayed in the tower, which looks to have been renovated in the last 10 years. The bathroom was small but worked given the space. The bed was very comfortable and they give you enough pillow to drown you. The room was as quiet as you'd expect for a hotel downtown. However, there were little things that I expected to be better. The desk chair was old vinyl with many deep cracks in it. That seemed like an easy thing to upgrade. There are mirrors for the closet doors. This also seemed like an easy upgrade that would make the room feel a little more classy. All in all, I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for choosing to stay with us and for your detailed review. I’m delighted to read that you enjoyed our location and tower rooms. I will share your room suggestions with our team to improve our overall guest experience. We value your business and hope to have the opportunity to serve you again.
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013 via mobile

Hilton hotels at one time were very high end places to stay. Not so much any more. We stayed here and were deeply disappointed. For one it was way over priced for the room we got. The rooms are tiny, the bathroom is very tight. When we made our reservations we stated there were 4 adults. When we arrived we had to call the desk for more towels as there weren't enough for the amount of people staying in this room. When we paid $200 a night, you would think they could get the littlest of things right. No free Wi-Fi. we either had to pay $10 more dollars or sit in the lobby where it was free. Cheaper hotels offer their guest free Wi-Fi. We asked for directions to a certain restaurant and the front desk guy gave us directions through the worst part of town, not safe at all. Small room, old and I could have stayed at the Comfort Inn and got more bang for my buck! Neve again will I stay at a Hilton. I would NOT recommend this Hotel to anyone. Biggest rip off!

• Stayed May 2013
AnthonyRico, Manager at Hilton Portland & Executive Tower, responded to this review, May 7, 2013
Thank you for your review of your past stay with us. I always appreciate hearing from our guests – including places of improvement. I apologize that the comfort of your stay was interrupted and I have taken your comments to our team to ensure that in the future we do a better job of providing the best service and necessities to all guests. The next time you have the opportunity to travel to the area I hope that you will be our guest again – thank you for your review.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2013

My first impression was from Brenda, the non-friendly concierge. I was trying to plan activities during my stay and when I called, she said that she would call right back. That translated to never heard from again. When I arrived, my check in was as expected. My room was narrow but well designed to maximize space. There are sliding doors instead of opening doors to the bathroom and the closet. The beds are very comfortable. The elevators are extremely slow and full during a conference. The hottub needs to be scrubbed since there is a scum on the bottom and the sides. You won't notice it if the jets are running. William, at the concierge desk more than made up for Brenda's lack of assistance. The housekeeping staff are very friendly. The front desk staff is extremely helpful to get you any special request items. The location is great for walking everywhere downtown and to the Max light rail. The hotel could use just a bit more attention to detail, such as the printers were both out of paper for printing boarding passes. Overall, a good stay.

Room Tip: Select a higher floor to avoid street noise, such as early garbage collection, delivery truck backup...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your review. I am happy to read you had an overall pleasant stay with us and thank you for your feedback. I am sorry for the issues you encountered and wanted to assure you I have addressed your concerns with the appropriate members of our staff. We hope you have an opportunity to visit us again soon
Eugene, Oregon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2013

This is a very nice hotel in downtown Portland. It’s conveniently located within walking distance of a number of food trucks. My room in the Executive Tower was clean, quiet and comfortable. I had taken advantage of the advance upgrade request option and paid an extra $5 for the tower room. The tower is nicer and quieter and has better amenities such as the fitness room being open 24 hours rather than limited hours. The tower also offers a self-park option that’s cheaper than the valet parking at the main building. But if you’re in the main building, you could self-park and take the 90-second walk back. Overall, I was pleased and would stay again.

Room Tip: The executive is a little nicer.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your detailed review and we hope you have an opportunity to visit us again soon.

Been to Hilton Portland & Executive Tower? Share your experiences!