“Great location” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #52 of 133 Hotels in Portland
Denver, Colorado
“Great location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

This hotel is in a prime location in the downtown area. You can catch the lightrail, city trams, or buses that will take you to every corner of the city within 2 blocks of the front door. We stayed in the tower, which looks to have been renovated in the last 10 years. The bathroom was small but worked given the space. The bed was very comfortable and they give you enough pillow to drown you. The room was as quiet as you'd expect for a hotel downtown. However, there were little things that I expected to be better. The desk chair was old vinyl with many deep cracks in it. That seemed like an easy thing to upgrade. There are mirrors for the closet doors. This also seemed like an easy upgrade that would make the room feel a little more classy. All in all, I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
AnthonyRico, Manager at Hilton Portland & Executive Tower, responded to this review, May 8, 2013
Thank you for choosing to stay with us and for your detailed review. I’m delighted to read that you enjoyed our location and tower rooms. I will share your room suggestions with our team to improve our overall guest experience. We value your business and hope to have the opportunity to serve you again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (258)
  • Korean first
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013 via mobile

Hilton hotels at one time were very high end places to stay. Not so much any more. We stayed here and were deeply disappointed. For one it was way over priced for the room we got. The rooms are tiny, the bathroom is very tight. When we made our reservations we stated there were 4 adults. When we arrived we had to call the desk for more towels as there weren't enough for the amount of people staying in this room. When we paid $200 a night, you would think they could get the littlest of things right. No free Wi-Fi. we either had to pay $10 more dollars or sit in the lobby where it was free. Cheaper hotels offer their guest free Wi-Fi. We asked for directions to a certain restaurant and the front desk guy gave us directions through the worst part of town, not safe at all. Small room, old and I could have stayed at the Comfort Inn and got more bang for my buck! Neve again will I stay at a Hilton. I would NOT recommend this Hotel to anyone. Biggest rip off!

• Stayed May 2013
AnthonyRico, Manager at Hilton Portland & Executive Tower, responded to this review, May 7, 2013
Thank you for your review of your past stay with us. I always appreciate hearing from our guests – including places of improvement. I apologize that the comfort of your stay was interrupted and I have taken your comments to our team to ensure that in the future we do a better job of providing the best service and necessities to all guests. The next time you have the opportunity to travel to the area I hope that you will be our guest again – thank you for your review.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2013

My first impression was from Brenda, the non-friendly concierge. I was trying to plan activities during my stay and when I called, she said that she would call right back. That translated to never heard from again. When I arrived, my check in was as expected. My room was narrow but well designed to maximize space. There are sliding doors instead of opening doors to the bathroom and the closet. The beds are very comfortable. The elevators are extremely slow and full during a conference. The hottub needs to be scrubbed since there is a scum on the bottom and the sides. You won't notice it if the jets are running. William, at the concierge desk more than made up for Brenda's lack of assistance. The housekeeping staff are very friendly. The front desk staff is extremely helpful to get you any special request items. The location is great for walking everywhere downtown and to the Max light rail. The hotel could use just a bit more attention to detail, such as the printers were both out of paper for printing boarding passes. Overall, a good stay.

Room Tip: Select a higher floor to avoid street noise, such as early garbage collection, delivery truck backup...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your review. I am happy to read you had an overall pleasant stay with us and thank you for your feedback. I am sorry for the issues you encountered and wanted to assure you I have addressed your concerns with the appropriate members of our staff. We hope you have an opportunity to visit us again soon
Eugene, Oregon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2013

This is a very nice hotel in downtown Portland. It’s conveniently located within walking distance of a number of food trucks. My room in the Executive Tower was clean, quiet and comfortable. I had taken advantage of the advance upgrade request option and paid an extra $5 for the tower room. The tower is nicer and quieter and has better amenities such as the fitness room being open 24 hours rather than limited hours. The tower also offers a self-park option that’s cheaper than the valet parking at the main building. But if you’re in the main building, you could self-park and take the 90-second walk back. Overall, I was pleased and would stay again.

Room Tip: The executive is a little nicer.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your detailed review and we hope you have an opportunity to visit us again soon.
Santa Monica, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2013

Very old Hotel---construction on top 2 floors makes the hotel noisy. Elevators are extremely flaky. Guaranteed king room may mean dual queens on check-in Breakfast brunch is expensive given the quality.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

AnthonyRico, Manager at Hilton Portland & Executive Tower, responded to this review, May 16, 2013
Thank you for your review. I am sorry that you were disappointed in your stay and room accommodations. We are renovating our 23rd floor and I apologize if that affected your stay. We hope you give us another opportunity on you next visit to the Portland area.
Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2013

My girlfriend and I took a trip down the Oregon coast then back up through Portland and after camping for 5 nights, the Hilton felt like a dream. Even if we hadn't just been camping, the bed was still one of the nicest I've ever slept in and the hotel staff were extremely friendly and helpful.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

AnthonyRico, Manager at Hilton Portland & Executive Tower, responded to this review, May 15, 2013
Thank you for your review. I am glad you were able to relax and enjoy our hospitality after your week of camping. We hope you and your girlfriend have the opportunity to stay with us again on your next adventure.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2013

Pleasant stay in the Executive Tower. Nice sized room, polite staff. They do charge for wifi, but concierge will give you free access code if you call & tell him you're an Honors member. My last morning there, I didn't get to the phone in time to answer my wakeup call and security came up, concerned I'd miss my flight. Only one major complaint--housekeeping comes around 8:30 in the morning, which is early if you're trying to sleep in on vacation. So just make sure you put the do not disturb sign on before you go to bed. One other tip: There are a lot of comments on this site complaining that they don't have a pool. They do, but I didn't bring my suit because I thought the reviewers knew what they were talking about. The pool is on the 11th floor, so bring your suit, folks!

Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
AnthonyRico, Manager at Hilton Portland & Executive Tower, responded to this review, May 2, 2013
Thank you for the review and great feedback. We are working with our housekeeping team on their start time to ensure all our guests have a pleasant stay. We hope you have another opportunity to stay with us soon and enjoy the pool!

Been to Hilton Portland & Executive Tower? Share your experiences!