“First impression not good, but better staff made up for it” 4 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Special Offer
Bed & Breakfast Package
Ranked #51 of 132 hotels in Portland
“First impression not good, but better staff made up for it”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2013

My first impression was from Brenda, the non-friendly concierge. I was trying to plan activities during my stay and when I called, she said that she would call right back. That translated to never heard from again. When I arrived, my check in was as expected. My room was narrow but well designed to maximize space. There are sliding doors instead of opening doors to the bathroom and the closet. The beds are very comfortable. The elevators are extremely slow and full during a conference. The hottub needs to be scrubbed since there is a scum on the bottom and the sides. You won't notice it if the jets are running. William, at the concierge desk more than made up for Brenda's lack of assistance. The housekeeping staff are very friendly. The front desk staff is extremely helpful to get you any special request items. The location is great for walking everywhere downtown and to the Max light rail. The hotel could use just a bit more attention to detail, such as the printers were both out of paper for printing boarding passes. Overall, a good stay.

Room Tip: Select a higher floor to avoid street noise, such as early garbage collection, delivery truck backup...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
AnthonyRico, Manager at Hilton Portland & Executive Tower, responded to this review, May 8, 2013
Thank you for your review. I am happy to read you had an overall pleasant stay with us and thank you for your feedback. I am sorry for the issues you encountered and wanted to assure you I have addressed your concerns with the appropriate members of our staff. We hope you have an opportunity to visit us again soon

1,058 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (180)
  • Korean first
Eugene, Oregon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2013

This is a very nice hotel in downtown Portland. It’s conveniently located within walking distance of a number of food trucks. My room in the Executive Tower was clean, quiet and comfortable. I had taken advantage of the advance upgrade request option and paid an extra $5 for the tower room. The tower is nicer and quieter and has better amenities such as the fitness room being open 24 hours rather than limited hours. The tower also offers a self-park option that’s cheaper than the valet parking at the main building. But if you’re in the main building, you could self-park and take the 90-second walk back. Overall, I was pleased and would stay again.

Room Tip: The executive is a little nicer.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
AnthonyRico, Manager at Hilton Portland & Executive Tower, responded to this review, May 7, 2013
Thank you for your detailed review and we hope you have an opportunity to visit us again soon.
Santa Monica, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2013

Very old Hotel---construction on top 2 floors makes the hotel noisy. Elevators are extremely flaky. Guaranteed king room may mean dual queens on check-in Breakfast brunch is expensive given the quality.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

AnthonyRico, Manager at Hilton Portland & Executive Tower, responded to this review, May 16, 2013
Thank you for your review. I am sorry that you were disappointed in your stay and room accommodations. We are renovating our 23rd floor and I apologize if that affected your stay. We hope you give us another opportunity on you next visit to the Portland area.
Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2013

My girlfriend and I took a trip down the Oregon coast then back up through Portland and after camping for 5 nights, the Hilton felt like a dream. Even if we hadn't just been camping, the bed was still one of the nicest I've ever slept in and the hotel staff were extremely friendly and helpful.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

AnthonyRico, Manager at Hilton Portland & Executive Tower, responded to this review, May 15, 2013
Thank you for your review. I am glad you were able to relax and enjoy our hospitality after your week of camping. We hope you and your girlfriend have the opportunity to stay with us again on your next adventure.
Louisville, Kentucky
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2013

Pleasant stay in the Executive Tower. Nice sized room, polite staff. They do charge for wifi, but concierge will give you free access code if you call & tell him you're an Honors member. My last morning there, I didn't get to the phone in time to answer my wakeup call and security came up, concerned I'd miss my flight. Only one major complaint--housekeeping comes around 8:30 in the morning, which is early if you're trying to sleep in on vacation. So just make sure you put the do not disturb sign on before you go to bed. One other tip: There are a lot of comments on this site complaining that they don't have a pool. They do, but I didn't bring my suit because I thought the reviewers knew what they were talking about. The pool is on the 11th floor, so bring your suit, folks!

Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
AnthonyRico, Manager at Hilton Portland & Executive Tower, responded to this review, May 2, 2013
Thank you for the review and great feedback. We are working with our housekeeping team on their start time to ensure all our guests have a pleasant stay. We hope you have another opportunity to stay with us soon and enjoy the pool!
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2013

While staying at the Hilton the valet backed a vehicle into my rental car. The director of security and safety Patrick Cechini said he was going to handle all of this and that their insurance was going to take care of the claim. Long story short, this is not happening. I didn't even get notification of the damage while I was checking out. No one bothered to try to get a hold of me while I was staying there. This is very unprofessional and I was expecting much more from such a prestigious hotel as the Hilton. Won't be staying their again. Like seriously, fix this mess!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
We sincerely apologize for the experience you had while staying at our hotel. This is not typical of our hotel and we will be reaching out to you to ensure this situation is handled the best way possible. We look forward to speaking with you. Thank you!
Bellingham, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2013

Central location, easy walking or transit system to everywhere in central Portland. Staff went out of their way to make our stay enjoyable!! Fantastic value. Corner room with great views of the city and River. Choice of 2 pools and gyms (Towers gym open 24/7).

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
AnthonyRico, Manager at Hilton Portland & Executive Tower, responded to this review, May 1, 2013
Thank you very much for reviewing your time at our hotel. We are pleased to find that you enjoyed your room, the views of the city and river, the pool areas and the staff. We hope you have an opportunity to visit us again soon.

Been to Hilton Portland & Executive Tower? Share your experiences!