“Good stay” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #51 of 132 hotels in Portland
Louisville, Kentucky
“Good stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2013

Pleasant stay in the Executive Tower. Nice sized room, polite staff. They do charge for wifi, but concierge will give you free access code if you call & tell him you're an Honors member. My last morning there, I didn't get to the phone in time to answer my wakeup call and security came up, concerned I'd miss my flight. Only one major complaint--housekeeping comes around 8:30 in the morning, which is early if you're trying to sleep in on vacation. So just make sure you put the do not disturb sign on before you go to bed. One other tip: There are a lot of comments on this site complaining that they don't have a pool. They do, but I didn't bring my suit because I thought the reviewers knew what they were talking about. The pool is on the 11th floor, so bring your suit, folks!

Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
AnthonyRico, Manager at Hilton Portland & Executive Tower, responded to this review, May 2, 2013
Thank you for the review and great feedback. We are working with our housekeeping team on their start time to ensure all our guests have a pleasant stay. We hope you have another opportunity to stay with us soon and enjoy the pool!

1,056 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (180)
  • Korean first
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2013

While staying at the Hilton the valet backed a vehicle into my rental car. The director of security and safety Patrick Cechini said he was going to handle all of this and that their insurance was going to take care of the claim. Long story short, this is not happening. I didn't even get notification of the damage while I was checking out. No one bothered to try to get a hold of me while I was staying there. This is very unprofessional and I was expecting much more from such a prestigious hotel as the Hilton. Won't be staying their again. Like seriously, fix this mess!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
We sincerely apologize for the experience you had while staying at our hotel. This is not typical of our hotel and we will be reaching out to you to ensure this situation is handled the best way possible. We look forward to speaking with you. Thank you!
Bellingham, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2013

Central location, easy walking or transit system to everywhere in central Portland. Staff went out of their way to make our stay enjoyable!! Fantastic value. Corner room with great views of the city and River. Choice of 2 pools and gyms (Towers gym open 24/7).

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
AnthonyRico, Manager at Hilton Portland & Executive Tower, responded to this review, May 1, 2013
Thank you very much for reviewing your time at our hotel. We are pleased to find that you enjoyed your room, the views of the city and river, the pool areas and the staff. We hope you have an opportunity to visit us again soon.
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

Very conveniently located to the Tri-Max rail system so easy to get to from the airport. Central to a lot of downtown's fun spots. Easily walked to such places as Henry's, Jack's, Bridgeport Brewing Company, Blue Hour, etc.

Rooms were very clean, comfortable and well appointed. Is obviously an older property but has been meticulously maintained.

I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for the review. We are very happy you enjoyed the location and well-maintained condition of the property. We hope you have an opportunity to visit us again soon.
Salem, Oregon
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

They charge $12.95 for internet access in your room or you can sit in the lobby like someone off the street and try to connect. I was unable to connect and got no assistance from the front desk. The room did not have a refridgerator or microwave, nor was there even a continental breakfast. Worst was the staff attitude.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Thank you for taking the time to review. We’re very sorry you experienced an undesirable stay and level of customer service with us. The problems you mentioned with our staff service have been addressed. We appreciate you alerting us to these issues and we hope you will give us a second chance if you return to the area.
Lexington, South Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

great hotel for a meeting. rooms were pleasant and comfortable. bright and cheery. would go there for a convention or meeting again. It is in the middle of everything and the red line max train goes back and forth to the airport for a few bucks. It is just 2 blocks form the hotel. Their concierge is a bit lacking, actually very lacking , I think that after I mad a suggestion they may fix it .

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for writing a review. I am happy to read you had a pleasant stay and meeting experience. I am sorry our concierges were not helpful and we will use your feedback to improve our service. We hope you have an opportunity to stay with us again soon for a meeting or leisure.
South Orange, NJ
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

Based on location and amenities, the Hilton Portland & Executive Tower is more than adequate. However, for business travelers or anyone who must have good WiFi access in order to get work done, the WiFi service here is truly awful. In addition, the servicer,StayConnected, is not at all helpful and I honestly believe, based on other reviews that appear here on tripadvisor, that the hotel and servicer know this and do nothing about it. The signal is very weak making it hard to connect and once connected, drops are frequent. I was unable to be productive and had to leave my room when I needed to get work done - and thus, my productivity was significantly reduced. Based on poor WiFi access alone, I would not choose this hotel again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
AnthonyRico, Manager at Hilton Portland & Executive Tower, responded to this review, April 29, 2013
I appreciate your feedback on the speed and cost of our internet service. I truly apologize for the inconvenience of having to leave your room to work. We are working with Stay Connected on options that address this issue to ensure additional guests do not have the same experience. Thank you for taking the time to share a review and I invite you to consider staying with us again when your travels bring you back to the area.

Been to Hilton Portland & Executive Tower? Share your experiences!