“Fantastic location.” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #52 of 132 hotels in Portland
Carson City, Nevada
“Fantastic location.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012 via mobile

My wife and I stayed for 2 nights in a corner room in the original tower. The hotel's location can't be beat with easy access to the light rail system and downtown Portland. We had a breakfast and lunch in the hotel's restaurant, food was good, service was excellent. The hotel's lobby and public spaces were very nice.
The restaurant and room were a bit pricey but not out of line for a downtown business hotel.
This is an older hotel so the room was small but very well-appointed although there was no refrigerator or microwave.
The primary negative was the very small bathroom. Counter space was almost zero. There was some storage space on a wire rack just above floor level under the counter but smaller items would fall through the rack onto the floor. The bathroom lacked a coat hook, something I'd consider standard equipment.

All in all though, the location and Hilton quality make these a hotel we'd visit again.

Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
AnthonyRico, Manager at Hilton Portland & Executive Tower, responded to this review, November 27, 2012
Dear Guest,

I am happy to read you were able to enjoy our hotel’s amenities especially our wonderful restaurants. I will share your high remarks with our food and beverage staff. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience and we hope to see you again very soon!

1,069 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (183)
  • Korean first
Neubiberg, Germany
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

The hotel is in the center of Portland which makes it an ideal location as all the restaurants are in wlaking distance and the public transport station is just one block away. My room in the Executive tower was reasonable size and the bed really good. The hotel overall look a little bit old but in good shape. The only really negative point is the garage which is quite expensive (~20$ per day)

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you sharing your experience with our fellow travelers. I am happy to read you enjoyed our Hilton Serenity Bed and location. We hope you have an opportunity to enjoy them again soon.

InTheory
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

As Hilton Honors members, we were upgraded to the Executive Tower, across the street from the main hotel. Our 18th floor room was very comfortable and facing the courtyard, which they said would be more quiet. Definitely no noise from outside and a somewhat obstructed view of downtown Portland. However, my husband wasn't thrilled at the noise level from the other rooms and felt it was much too noisy. I have to say, it didn't really bother me, though I was very careful to close our doors quietly when coming and going.

The bathrooms were a normal size, (thankfully...I was worried from other TripAdvisor reviews) and enough counter space, though not ample. Yes, there were areas I could see where things were a bit worn, but overall, everything was very clean and the bed comfortable. My husband was glad he didn't bring his swimsuit because the indoor pool was under repair. We did use the (small) gym and found everything to be fine, except the lack of sanitary wipes near the trashcan...not a big deal. I do wonder if the hotel is in full swing, whether the gym would be overly crowded. Two ellipticals and three treadmills seems pretty small for a big hotel.

We didn't eat in the hotel because hey, we were in Portland to eat out! The location seems about six blocks from everything. Loved Voodoo donuts, had a horrendous wait at Mother's for brunch, delicious dinners at Veritable Quandary and Little Bird, terrible food at Zeus Cafe. And, everything was walkable. We would definitely stay at this Hilton again, though more for the location and less for the amenities.

Room Tip: Get a room facing the courtyard and away from the street if you're sensitive to noise. Less of a...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review. I am happy or read you and your husband had an overall enjoyable stay. I apologize that our pool was under repair in the executive tower during your stay. We offer a full service athletic club in our main building and I hope on your return visit you have an opportunity to experience it.

Dallas, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012

Although the location is perfect - the hotel is not. I've stayed at several hotels in the Portland area and can honestly say that I am not likely to stay at this Hilton again. The hotel is so tired - it needs updating from the lobby to the rooms. I stayed on the 15th floor and the first thing I noticed when I I got off the elevator was the odor. It smelled like room freshener - not the good kind, but the kind that overwhelms you and makes you think they're trying to cover something up. The same odor was in my room, too. I was also disappointed that I had to pay for internet access - at other Hilton properties, I received an internet access code because I am a Hilton Honors member.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
AnthonyRico, Manager at Hilton Portland & Executive Tower, responded to this review, November 14, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for providing insight on your recent experience with our room freshener. I sincerely apologize that it was overpowering in the hallway and in your room during your stay. We are using your feedback to help us improve and we look for reviews to provide insight, so I certainly appreciate your feedback. We hope you give us another opportunity to regain your trust.

Yakima, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

We have stayed at the Hilton 3 times now and have been very happy everytime we stay. The service is always on par and the location is just perfect. Portland is generally a very friendly city and walking around the city either day or night is very easy when you stay at this location. Its a perfect spot for me and my husband to spend a night away from the kids. Great restaurants very close and shopping just a few blocks away.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying with us on three occasions. I am glad to read you enjoyed all your visits and that our staff was able to provide great service. I hope you will come back and see us the next time you are in the area. We would love to welcome you back for your forth stay.

Hillsboro, Oregon
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Granted it has been quite some time since I've stayed here, but it is in need of an complete remodeling. While certain aspects have been updated it needs to be gutted and re-done. We had a corner room, which I expected to be bigger. This had been the case in other hotels. The bathroom was REALLY small!! No counter space for tolietries and the toliet it self was shoved in at angle. Maybe the Executive Tower is better but the Main Bldg is not what is used to be.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share feedback on your stay with us in Portland. We appreciate your input and value your opinion having seen the evolution of our property. We’re very sorry to hear you were unhappy with your room on this visit. Your feedback is incredibly important to us and we will take your comments into consideration as we continually work to improve our on-property experience. We welcome any additional comments or suggestions you would like to share and we hope to have another opportunity to serve you and show you the quality accommodations and amenities you expect, if business brings you back to us in the future.

Oklahoma City, OK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

The hotel was nice and the people were very friendly. This hotel is located right downtown; you can walk to all the shopping nearby or hop on the TriMet a block from the hotel and get all over town. The one thing I did not particularly like about this hotel is how small the bathroom cabinet space is. There is very little space and the toilet is located just below the very tiny counter. I lost a hair dryer to the lack of space and proximity to the toilet! Otherwise, nice hotel and great location!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for the wonderful comments about our hotel and team members. I am sorry that the space in the bathroom was not to your liking. We have many bathroom layouts and hopeful you can try a different one the next time you visit. Thank you again and we hope to see you again soon.

Anthony Rico

Been to Hilton Portland & Executive Tower? Share your experiences!