As Hilton Honors members, we were upgraded to the Executive Tower, across the street from the main hotel. Our 18th floor room was very comfortable and facing the courtyard, which they said would be more quiet. Definitely no noise from outside and a somewhat obstructed view of downtown Portland. However, my husband wasn't thrilled at the noise level from the other rooms and felt it was much too noisy. I have to say, it didn't really bother me, though I was very careful to close our doors quietly when coming and going.
The bathrooms were a normal size, (thankfully...I was worried from other TripAdvisor reviews) and enough counter space, though not ample. Yes, there were areas I could see where things were a bit worn, but overall, everything was very clean and the bed comfortable. My husband was glad he didn't bring his swimsuit because the indoor pool was under repair. We did use the (small) gym and found everything to be fine, except the lack of sanitary wipes near the trashcan...not a big deal. I do wonder if the hotel is in full swing, whether the gym would be overly crowded. Two ellipticals and three treadmills seems pretty small for a big hotel.
We didn't eat in the hotel because hey, we were in Portland to eat out! The location seems about six blocks from everything. Loved Voodoo donuts, had a horrendous wait at Mother's for brunch, delicious dinners at Veritable Quandary and Little Bird, terrible food at Zeus Cafe. And, everything was walkable. We would definitely stay at this Hilton again, though more for the location and less for the amenities.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hilton Portland & Executive Tower hotel in Portland, consists of two separate buildings and combined they offer 782 guest rooms as well as: The Main building, remodeled in 2014 offers:* Complimentary Hilton Athletic Club - offering a large indoor pool, Jacuzzi(R), extensive cardiovascular equipment, free weights, sauna and steam room, personal fitness training and massage services * HopCity Tavern & Market - our new restaurant concept featuring a modern American gastro-pub cuisine and a grab and go market featuring Stumptown coffee and grab and go snacks and sandwiches * UPS business center - staffed Mon-Fri and a 24-hour computer/internet access connectivity center * Wireless HSIA available in all guestrooms for a fee * Free Wifi in the lobby * Parking garage - Each building has their own garage for your added convenience. The Executive Tower, remodeled in 2015 showcases: * Concierge desk * Porto Terra Tuscan Grill & Bar - featuring Northern Italian cuisine * Complimentary 24-hour fitness room with an indoor waveless lap pool * Computer/internet kiosk available in lobby * Wired and wireless HSIA available in all guestrooms for a fee * Free Wifi in the lobby * Parking garage - Each building has their own garage for your added convenience ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton Hotels, Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Hotels.com, getaroom.com, Travelocity, Low Cost Holidays, Otel, Odigeo and Jetsetter so you can book your Hilton Portland & Executive Tower reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Portland & Executive Tower Hotel Portland
- Hilton Portland And Executive Tower
- Hilton Portland Executive Hotel
- Portland Hilton