“Another great stay at the Heathman” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Heathman Hotel

You added The Heathman Hotel to your Saves list
The Heathman Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1001 SW Broadway @ Salmon, Portland, OR 97205 (Downtown)   |
Hotel deals
Special Rate
10% off with AAA
Ranked #4 of 133 Hotels in Portland
GreenLeadersGold level
Bellevue, Washington
“Another great stay at the Heathman”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2014

The Heathman is our go to hotel when in Portland. While we don't make it to Portland as often as we would like, the Heathman is our first choice in hotels. We had a corner room on this trip and it was very clean and comfortable. The service here is first class.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Krissy S, Online Content Manager at The Heathman Hotel, responded to this review, June 17, 2014
Dear AlandJanet,

We really appreciate you taking the time to review your experience at the Heathman Portland. We are pleased that we have become your home away from home whilst in the city! Sounds like everything went just perfect during you last stay and we can't wait to welcome you back to wow you once again!

Until then, take care!
Krissy S.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (284)
GA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2014

The staff were friendly and helpful, the room was comfortable and well-stocked. And the building had the character of an older establishment yet was well maintained, comfortable and modern in the rooms. The attached restaurant was nice, too.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Krissy S, Online Content Manager at The Heathman Hotel, responded to this review, June 16, 2014
Dear layla207,

Thank you for taking the time to review your Heathman Portland experience! Glad to hear you could take advantage of all the amenities and were able to enjoy the restaurant as well! We hope it isn't long until we have the pleasure of welcoming you back!

Take care,
Long Beach, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2014

I fell ill while staying at The Heathman and had to extend my stay as I was unable to travel. The staff at The Heathman were very accomodating and worked hard to ensure I was comfortable and had everything I needed while I recovered. They went above and beyond to ensure I was as comfortable at the hotel as I would be at home. The service was simply amazing.

Room Tip: The beds and pillows are extremely comfortable.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Dear Katherine K.,

How unfortunate to fall ill during a business trip in a new city! We are so glad we could help and aid in easing the uncomfort of being sick! I hope that you have been able to fully recover and will be able to visit us again, when you are well and able to travel.
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience and rest assured, we will be sharing this with all the staff to ensure they are awarded for their great service.

Thanks again and hope to welcome you back soon!
USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2014

The hotel is in a good location downtown. It's nice to walk in and realize the employees in the lobby actually know who you are and that you belong there. The hotel is accessible since there is a lift in addition to the stairs to the lobby. The lobby itself could use some updated seating, but don't let it mislead you, the rooms are up to date. I've stayed in other well rated Portland hotels and kept moving on to the next after a few stays as quality declined. I'll still be going back to the Heathmand because it's still as good as the first time I stayed there.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
HeathmanMGR, Front Office Manager at The Heathman Hotel, responded to this review, June 14, 2014
Dear NotLostJustWandering,

Thank you for your kind commnents about The Heathman. We really appreciate you taking time to fill out a survey.

See you next time!

Best Regards,
JWilliams
Sequim, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2014

This trip was a visit to see my daughter that lives in Portland. The Heathman has always made us feel at home and well cared for. This trip was no exception! I love the new remodel! It was Rose Festival parade week-end so I was anticipating a lot of chaos during parade time. I appreciated the Heathman keeping their guest well informed of times that it would be best to come and go more comfortably. I will always stay there if they will have me!

Room Tip: I was on the 8 th floor and it was very quiet.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Krissy S, Online Content Manager at The Heathman Hotel, responded to this review, June 11, 2014
Dear Esther L.,

We will always welcome you gladly! Happy belated birthday, we are so pleased we could be a part of the celebration and so glad that you enjoyed your time with us! Looking so forward to welcoming you back again soon!

Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2014

The place was great. I loved the chaise longue - one of the most comfortable places to read I've ever found. A very comfortable bed (they offer three different mattress types). A fine bathroom. The restaurant appeared good, although I didn't eat there. I enjoyed the sidewalk tables, once for tea and once for a glass of wine. Great service in general. The only thing I didn't like was the way they handle the phone (once when I needed something no one answered and they couldn't give me driving directions when I called from my car, stuck because of closed roads on the day of an unexpected parade). I'll go back there next time I'm in Portland.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

Dear Mark W.,

Your review was great! Thank you! We are so glad to read such a positive and uplifting review! You visited during such a beautiful time of year, and it's wonderful to hear you enjoyed our outdoor dining options.
I do want to apologize for the service you received over the phone, I can understand that being very frustrating and we would never want that to be a memory you keep of the Heathman! We thank you for being so flexible and understanding the situation. We really appreciate your kindness!

Hoping to welcome you back again soon!
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2014

We arrived late in the evening, and the staff was helpful and accommodating. We had a late supper in the bar and enjoyed the ambiance and comfy seating. We stayed 4 nights and never encountered a problem. Our safe had been left locked open, and maintenance was up to fix it right away. All of the staff members were helpful and friendly.

Our room was in the corner on the seventh floor and on only one night did we ever hear any noise from an adjoining room, and even then it wasn't all that objectionable, just unusual up until then. We really enjoyed our stay and thought that the room was comfortable, spacious and well appointed.

The location was really good - you could walk easily to transportation or sights.

Room Tip: Corner rooms are preferable and away from the elevators and foot traffic.
Green Features: First hotel we've stayed in that really practiced the green initiatives listed on their brochures and in-room literature.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear lrh103,

It sounds like you had a memorable and enjoyable trip to Portland - we are so pleased we could be a part of it! Even though you were extremely understanding about the noise, we thank you for being so kind and would be happy to help you book your next stay to ensure this doesn't occur again!
Thank you again for this great review and we hope it isn't long until we get to welcome you back!

Take care,
Krissy S.

Been to The Heathman Hotel? Share your experiences!