“Excellent as always” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Heathman Hotel

You added The Heathman Hotel to your Saves list
The Heathman Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1001 SW Broadway @ Salmon, Portland, OR 97205 (Downtown)   |
Hotel deals
Special Rate
10% off with AAA
Ranked #4 of 133 Hotels in Portland
GreenLeadersGold level
Seattle
“Excellent as always”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2013

I was happy to get away for a long weekend to Portland and I had such a great experience staying at the Healthman on my last stay, we decided to try it again. Once again I was extremely impressed with the hotel staff. Every request we had was taken care of quickly. We asked for sliced lemons and in less than a minute we had them. We asked for another hair dryer and a staff member was at the door in minutes with it. We aslo got great restaurant recommendations.

The room was lovely and quite, the beds were so comfortable I did'nt want to get up in the morning. My friend loved the french press coffee and coffee maker in the room.

The location of the hotel is perfect, we walked every where it's in the heart of downtown Portland. Not far from the Pearl district or NW district. We felt completely safe walking back to the hotel and around the hotel at night.

My next visit to Portland, I will be staying at the Healthman. Bravo.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
HeathmanMGR, Guest Relations Manager at The Heathman Hotel, responded to this review, May 13, 2013
Dear Wendala,

It is great to hear how safe you felt walking around our neighborhood and in downtown. Portland is such a friendly city and so beautiful. Knowing our guests feel safe exploring all of things that make Portland so great makes me happy. Thank you for taking the time to submit a review and for the kind words. I will share these comments with the whole staff. We hope to see you soon for another weekend away.

Linda Reagan

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (276)
Houston, TX
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2013

Just completed a 3 night stay. Large, quiet room. Comfortable bed. Excellent service at front desk, with valet parking and in the room. Convenient location near entertainment and shopping. Only complaint was awful wifi service. Advertised as free (which is good because I HATE to pay for internet) but only free at very weak signal strength. Upgraded service available for additional cost. I could read my emails (barely) but load no other apps (and I wasn't trying to use video). Couldn't read my newspapers online. One night service was completely down. Hotel needs to improve this service.

Dear txhawki,

I am happy to know that you enjoyed the service and your guest room. It sounds like your overall stay was a positive one. I do apologize that you had some issues with the internet connection in your room. I am surprised to hear that; the hotel recently had a complete overhaul of our internet connections and service. We very rarely get a complaint about the speed since this upgrade. Unfortunately the evening the service was down completely was due to a city wide outage of the service provider. I do apologize that you had these inconveniences during your stay. Please feel free to contact me personally to discuss this matter further. We do hope to see you on your next visit to Portland.

Warm regards,

Richardson, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

This hotel goes Bose and beyond in their services. To say they are bringing something back to travel that is missing is an understatement. EVERY person working there was exceptional and I would no doubt go back and have told everyone about my time there. Too bad it's only in Portland...

Room Tip: All rooms are exceptional mine faced the downtown area but sound proofing was excellent.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
HeathmanMGR, Guest Relations Manager at The Heathman Hotel, responded to this review, April 30, 2013
Dear pcain13,

Wow, thank you very much for the great review. I love that you feel like every person working here is so great. I am so proud of our team and the service they provide our guests. Thank you for telling everyone about your time here, we appreciate you spreading the word about us. We hope to see you soon.

Kind regards,

San Mateo, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

We went to Portland to celebrate an upcoming birthday for the weekend, and lucked out staying at this hotel. It is in a great section of downtown, about 2 blocks from Pioneer Square, but of course everything is walkable in Portland. The room was clean, and spacious (2 doubles) for a smaller historic hotel. They even had turn down service, complete with ear plugs and eye covers. I was shocked, I haven't seen that in years. The towels were big and soft, not the usual hotel towels, these were great. The service of everyone working there was unbelievable, I typically never see this service and they are very happy to help you out with whatever you need. I will definitely recommend this hotel and stay here again. I just need to schedule another trip!!!!!

Room Tip: The double room is much bigger than the king room.
Dear Jkinney4,

What a wonderful review, thank you for leaving such kind comments. I am so happy to hear you enjoyed our linen. We take pride in offering top notch linen and amenities for our guests. The staff is the best around and truly love assisting our guests. I am happy to know it shows through their service. Let me know if we can assist you with planning your next trip to Heathman Hotel. We look forward to seeing you soon.

Palo Cedro, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

Attention to detail is an understatement, from reservation through check out we were truly impressed with each and every staff person. There is only one other hotel in the world where we experienced similar service (the Observatory in Sydney). We had two rooms for three nights so had a real exposure. My advise...(and I stayed at many of the other Portland hotels)book immediately at the Heathman and don't miss dining there as well. Amazing. For breakfast make sure you order scones. Yum. Now attention to detail, let me share a story. We were celebrating a couple of birthdays and had cake. My granddaughter asked to have 6 plates and a sharp knife sent to our room. The person she asked in lobby was different than person who delivered but he said to her...here is your sharp knife. The doorman in talking to our grandson as he was carrying in his new computer told him he knew he was getting a computer for his bday. I asked him to be careful of the computer 2 days earlier when unloading our car. I was amazed. One small comment and he still remembered us.

Room Tip: The double rooms are more spacious than kings especially the bathroom area. But it s a historic hote...
Green Features: Excellent. The leftover food policy (donation) is appreciated as one walks through the more challenging areas of Portland
Dear qsmamo,

The staff enjoyed getting to know you and your family while you were here. We are thrilled that your special weekend was great. Thank you for taking the time to submit such a kind review. Hopefully you can make this an annual tradition and we will get to see you for the next birthday celebration. Thank you again.

Warm regards,

Boyne City, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

Talk about service! The staff at the Heathman Hotel know how to treat their guests. Impeccable customer service, fantastic food would be an understatement, and an overall concern for the experience their guests are having.
Thank you for helping us achieve a very successful meeting!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Dear Becky K,

Thank you for taking the time to submit your comments. We are so happy that you had a successful meeting and a great stay. We look forward seeing you on your next trip to Portland.

Dunsmuir, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

This is a nice place to have dinner. The menu is delicious, with a nice variety, and the ambiance is unsurpassed. To really top off the stay, if you are visiting from out of town, or if you live in the area, and want to treat yourself, stay in one of the very comfortable rooms. Some have fireplaces, and some have jacuzzi tubs, if you really want to go big! They also, with prior arrangement, have a massage therapist, that will come to your room. They have a good location, next to other great restaurants, and shopping. Made it a point to check out the Heathman, you will not be disappointed.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
HeathmanMGR, Guest Relations Manager at The Heathman Hotel, responded to this review, April 9, 2013
Dear Rea_12,

Thank you for the kind words. We appreciate hearing your comments and are so happy to know that you enjoyed your stay with us and your dining experience. Our restaurant is fabulous and hopefully next time you are staying with us you can listen to some great live Jazz in our Tea Court Lounge. We do offer great in room spa services as you mentioned. You can check out our menu on line or ask one of our knowledgeable concierge staff on your next visit. We look forward to having you as our guest again in the near future.

Linda Reagan

Been to The Heathman Hotel? Share your experiences!