“A great night's sleep!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #66 of 133 Hotels in Portland
Nevada
“A great night's sleep!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

Lots to like about the Sheraton. One of the most comfortable beds/pillows I've slept in for quite a while. Air conditioning was nice and quiet and temperature stayed constant. Food was excellent in the cafe although it took a while to arrive. Staff were all excellent. My shuttle driver offered to bring my suitcases inside, did so and left without hinting for or receiving a tip while I was pre-occupied with checking in (I made sure he got a good one). Even tho' we were close to the airport, air traffic was not USUALLY a problem: only the first morning at 0600, it sounded like a jet was taking off next door. They offer a "green" incentive, where you opt for no housecleaning service and receive a $5 coupon redeemable at the onsite cafe/coffee shop. Was not a problem for me, but if more than one person in the room, might need to ask for additional towels or shampoo, etc., which I presume would negate the deal. I used both my coupons. Would have been five "stars," but the TV reception was awful. I tried to watch the cable movies during some down time and missed half of it. Nice large flat screen though. There was a mini-bar with no "bar." Again, not a problem for me cuz I used it as a mini-fridge, which I actually used and would not have used anything in the bar. But curious just the same. Was it becuz no maid service could see if I used anything? A quibble: vending machine on my floor didn't work. I went down a floor and it was 50 cents more. Next time, I went up a floor and it was the same price as my floor. What's up with that? Shuttle drivers willing to take you to nearby facilities (rental car, post office). Great bell staff, too. Expect delay on shuttle from the airport unless you arrive at just the right moment and ride takes longer than it should cuz it's awkward to get to: not a direct route coming. Going is ok.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (99)
Mountain View, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2013

After booking a last minute biz trip to Portland, the Sheraton Portland Airport Hotel was the only Starwood property with availability. I am loyal to the Starwood brand and thought, how can I go wrong? Well, the property is quite dated and my room looked quite "tired." The drapes smelled musty. The bathtub was stained. The hotel backs up to the runways at PDX and the roar of planes taking off into the night and again early the next morning caused a sleepless night. The only saving grace was that the hotel did accommodate my early check in request and the bar tender who served my SPG gold amenity cocktail was very personable. Even though I am loyal about my points, I will be hesitant to stay at this property again.

Room Tip: Ask for a courtyard room.
Dallas, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

I attended the Oregon Health Information Management Association's annual convention at the Sheraton in May, 2013. Convention food can be terribly boring, tasteless and repetitive from day to day. Their food was outstanding, had variety, taste, beautiful presentation and the service was exceptional. I was so impressed by the wait staff, namely Rose M., Rose B., Ozzie, Markisha, Rocio, Jeremy and Antonio. Awesome team that really puts the "serve" in "service"!

Room and bedding were quite comfortable. Loved the bath/shower products so much I've ordered a personal supply.

I'll definitely be staying at this hotel next time I need to spend the night before an early morning flight out of PDX. Thank you for such an enjoyable convention and stay.

A satisfied traveler,
DW Harris

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Portland, Oregon, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

We just had our 4th year in a row of hosting our company's user conference at this Sheraton. The location itself is perfect for out of town attendees, and staff's attentiveness is wonderful. They have more than enough space for our 200+ attendees to take 11 breakout classes, plus much more space for exhibiting/vendor tables and general networking, and that still doesn't take up all their conference space. Along will a great breakfast lunch and snacks, all their food is excellent for mass produced consumption. I especially like the Tradewinds and Sopranos lunch menus. Their catering managers Ossiy & Duane have been there for hundreds of years and created "customer service". While you can spend much more for high end trendy hotels, I think this clean, contemporary setting is an excellent value

Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

This was a hotel that I found to be very comfortable and can be reasonable in cost depending on whether you can get a promotional rate. Location is very close to the airport and actually within walking distance of the airport terminal. Also being at the airport one can obtain transportation to and from downtown Portland. There are plenty of amenities including a bar, restaurant, a shop, and fitness facilities. The rooms are very clean, the beds extremely comfortable, and a bottle of water is provided on the house. Although close to the airport, I did not hear any noise and was never an issue. This was another place where I find the staff to be extremely courteous and professional, so no complaints here. The thing I would warn about is the extreme variability in rates depending on if there is promotion being offered; I would strongly consider phoning ahead or checking online before arriving.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Seattle
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

We stayed for 1 night for a family visit. The room we got was next to the runway - fortunately everybody's a heavy sleeper (even the 5-month-old) so it didn't bother us. The planes seem to stop running after 11pm or so and doesn't start up again until 7am-ish.

The room looked old and worn. There was a large crack in the bathroom sink and the shower heads were old and crusty. I guess these rooms were the "priceline special". The staff was great and attentive. We requested a crib and a refrigerator which were delivered promptly.

The location was pretty decent - just a short jaunt out to I-205.

Room Tip: Get a room away from the runway.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Corvallis, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

The hotel is really nice inside. Beds are very comfy. If you stay on the club level you have access to their club lounge. The lounge is open 24 hrs and always has something to snack on. They have substantial hors d'oeuvres from 5-8 pm including 2 complimentary wine beverages. They also serve a complimentary breakfast in the morning. If you stay on other levels, you don't have access to this. The staff are very nice. I did hear a lot of airplanes, but that's what you get when you stay near the landing strip. Just bring ear plugs.

Room Tip: Don't get room 436 which is right across from the club lounge. You'll hear the door opening...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business

Been to Sheraton Portland Airport Hotel? Share your experiences!