“What a family friendly place” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Breakfast for 2 Included
Ranked #66 of 133 Hotels in Portland
Tucson
“What a family friendly place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

We just spent a week at this hotel over Xmas with 4small grandchildren and the staff was amazing both in hotel and the restaurant! We could not have asked for more. Everyone was so friendly and helpful. We couldn't have asked for more.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (99)
Nampa, ID
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2012

The hotel was fresh, clean, room nice. I usually request a room with assist rails in the bath & they provide that plus. They are also only minutes from the airport and have a free shuttle. Great for local business trip. One note - the restaurant is a bit pricy for what they serve and while the food was of decent quality the description on the menu was a bit misleading. Also they have a rather luke-warm idea of what "hot" is. That includes tea's as well as soups.

Room Tip: Ask at the desk for the type room you need. They were very willing to accommodate. (There had been...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Florence, Oregon
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2012

We stayed here for two nights on both ends of a Hawaiian vacation and I am surprised at the reviews thus far are as high as they are. There were numerous problems with this hotel from top to bottom. To start, both of our rooms were discustingly dirty. There were stains on the linens, were not vacuumed (popcorn and leaves all over one, change and leaves in the other), candy stuck to the carpet in one room and the bathroom fixtures were stained and dirty. There were missing tiles in the bathroom, exposed screws in the ceiling, broken furniture and our window wouldn't close in our second room so there was a constant draft. There was also a stale odor throughout the entire building. The pool looks nice, but the water was really dirty and murky. We thought the lobby restaurant was going to be the shining gem of this property until both my wife and I got sick after eating there. We even had one of the shuttle drivers curse at us when we asked when the next shuttle was coming (he was only there for flight attendants). I asked for his name, but nobody would provide it. We have been Starwood Preferred Guests for many years, but this property has me second guessing future bookings at any Starwood property.

Room Tip: Do not get a room near the noisy elevators. Do not get a room by any exit if you are sensitive to ci...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Bloomington, Minnesota
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012 via mobile

I stayed for two nights at this propert during a recent business trip.

The location is ok but is one of those "in between" distances that is too close to take a taxi and too far to walk (particularly on a cold rainy night). The only option to get to/from the property is really the shuttle bus. This runs every 15 minutes but I just personally don't like standing around waiting for the bus.

My room itself was clean and comfortable. Also, the restaurant in the hotel was excellent.

If you have an early flight leaving PDX, this hotel is a decent option.

Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Bloomfield Hills, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

Very convienent to the Portland airport, this Sheraton is a great place to lay over or get ready for that 7am flight the next day. Friendly staff, from the front desk to wait staff in the bar / restuarant. Updated and very quiet rooms, including very nice work space and facility wide wireless. Nice bar / restuarant, open late and coffee shop open very early. And a shuttle service that is rolling early.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
SheratonPDX-GM, General Manager at Sheraton Portland Airport Hotel, responded to this review, November 19, 2012
Dear Pedalboy,

I appreciate your recent visit to our property and for taking some time to share your experience with others. You are correct, our location is great for those early flights out. With a 24 hour shuttle within 10 minutes from the gate, a great restaurant and bar and free wireless throughout, we are certainly a great option at PDX. I hope we will get the chance to see you again soon.

Take care,

Lafayette, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

I stayed here recently while visiting family and I have to say that while the overall experience (quality of room, cleanliness, etc.) was really good, the staff is what will bring me back to this hotel on my next trip to Portland.
Everyone was not just efficient and helpful, but actually cheerful (and really, where do you ever find that? I'm definitely not cheerful at my job). I got to chat for a minute with a really nice girl who delivered my room service (think her name was Lindsey) and she really made me feel like I was staying with friends instead of at a hotel. Exactly the right balance between friendly/welcoming and professional. That is so hard to find these days as most customer service people are either grumpy and not engaging or over-friendly to the point of being annoying but that was not the case here. Lindsey absolutely wins the all-time-best-service-personnel-interaction-ever award. Everyone else was great too. Not once did I see anyone roll their eyes at anyone else or look exasperated (I get enough of that visiting the family-don't need it from my hotel staff). I will absolutely be staying here on my next trip to see family in Portland.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Dear Samantha L,

Wow! Thanks for sharing your experience with us. I'm so happy to hear the staff of our property had such an impact on you. In particular, Lyndsey. She is a fantastic person who genuinely cares about our guests. I'm always pleased to hear such statements about the team, it reminds me, at the end of the day, the most important component of any business, is the people who interact with your customers daily. I have passed along your comments to Lyndsey and will be sure she gets a big "shout out" during our next All Employee Meeting. I hope we will see you again soon. Until then, safe travels.

Warm regards,

Roseburg, Oregon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

Our second stay here prior to flights out of Portland Airport. The hotel is convenient with parking and free transport to and from airport on a regular basis. Rooms were fine and clean. Parking area is well lighted and we felt secure in liaving our parked while travelling..

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Dear Jerrymen,

Convenient to airport should be our middle name! You are correct, we are a great option for anyone traveling on an early flight out of PDX. We are the closest hotel to the gates of PDX and our 24 hour shuttle service is prompt, easy and carefree. Next time your travels are taking you in or out of PDX, I hope we will get the opportunity to see you again. In fact, when you're in again, be sure to stop by and say hello.

Warm regards,

Glen Lewis

Been to Sheraton Portland Airport Hotel? Share your experiences!