“Great value if you use Priceline!” 5 of 5 stars

Breakfast for 2 Included
Ranked #59 of 133 Hotels in Portland
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Newport, Oregon
“Great value if you use Priceline!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2012 via mobile

Location awesome for Portland airport. Lobby upscale, rooms updated, cozy and clean. Bathroom a bit on the tight side and nothing special. What makes this hotel stand out is SERVICE! Print boarding pass, no problem. Use lobby computers at no charge, no problem, second night via Priceline involved a checkout and then back in (no bags moving, just front desk record keeping), no problem. And finally, late Checkout? (flight leaves at 9 pm) no problem and no charge! Just lovely customer service all around!

• Stayed August 2012
SheratonPDX-GM, General Manager at Sheraton Portland Airport Hotel, responded to this review, October 17, 2012
Dear Jane B,

Thank you for the great review. I am really happy your experience with us was a great one. I hope we will get the opportunity to see you again soon. If I may be of any assistance, please don't hesitate to let me know.

Glen Lewis

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (106)
Salt Lake City, Utah
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2012

The good: great location near the Portland Airport and excellent staff. Check-in was fast and painless and the folks at the front desk couldn't have been nicer. Was there for an event and the waitstaff and bar staff at the event were equally excellent. The ear plugs given in the room were a nice touch, especially given the hotel's proximity to the end of the runway at PDX.

The not-so-good: some floors are currently undergoing renovations. Unfortunately I got a non-renovated room that was pretty tired and dated. Furnishings were in poor shape and the carpet looked as though it should have been cleaned years ago.

In all, not a terrible choice if spending a quick overnight near the Portland Airport. Would likely stay again -- hopefully the rooms will be spruced up a bit.

Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Dear TheHappyTraveler73,

I wanted to take a moment to say a sincere thanks for your candid comments from your recent visit. Unfortunately, while you were visiting the property we were in the midst of new carpet installation. I am very sorry it affected your visit, but the finished product has made a huge improvement in the look and feel of our property. I hope you will stay with us again when your travels bring you back to Portland. If I may assist you in any way or you would like to discuss your experience with me personally, please don't hesitate to telephone me at the hotel.

Ajijic, Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2012

For a number of years I have stayed at this Sheraton to help run the Willamette Writers Conference and for at least a dozen years we have stayed at the Sheraton Portland Airport, in fact whenever I go to Portland on my own I stay here as well. This hotel, like most Sheratons, is a well run hotel that caters to the traveler as well as the convention crowd. I often eat in the hotel restaurant and have never had a bad meal, sometimes they seem a bit pricy, but then I live in Guadalajara, Mexico and meals are very inexpensive. The bar is always full but the service excellent.
Although most of the conference meals are buffet, the buffet offers something for just about everyone, including vegetarian and glueton free options.
There is a great gym, indoor pool and separate saunas for the sexes. ENJOY!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Dear windsorcottage,

We always enjoy the Willamette Writers Conference. The hotel is always so fun and the crowd is a joy to have at our property. I do appreciate your comments and your loyalty to our property. I hope we will see you again soon. When your travels bring you back to the property, be sure to say hello.

Take care,

Houston, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2012

Arrived pretty late...around 9pm. Had called earlier in the day to confirm late arrival. Was told they were placing me in a very nice upgraded platinum suite. When I arrived this was not the case, but the room was nice enough. Was not told of club lounge. Really just slept and enjoyed Starbucks in the lobby. Mary at front desk was very sweet and friendly the next day while I checked out. I would return if I needed a stay by PDX.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
Dear Chellebell,

Thank you for choosing our property and for taking the time to share your experience with other travelers. I'm sorry you were not told about the Club Lounge. It is a great amenity for our guests and one we want to be sure to tell everyone about. I will make sure we communicate your concerns to the Front Office Manager. In addition, I will be sure to pass along your comments about Mary. She is a fantastic member of our Front Desk Team, who has been with us for a long time. She's great. I hope we will get the opportunity to see you again in the future.

Dunsmuir, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2012

I just returned from a three day stay at the Sheraton Portland Airport Hotel and I couldn't have been more pleased with my accomadations. The entire experience was excellent, but I would like to comment on three "over-the-top" aspects. First, the coffee that was supplied throughout our conference space was woooonderful. It made those first, early morning sessions so much more enjoyable.

And then there are the fabulous beds--perfect mattresses and pillows, and ulterly devine linens. Sleeping away from home can often be difficult, but not at a Sheraton Hotel!

And Finally, but certainly not in any way the least, there was Aaron Greenberg. (Forgive me Aaron if I got your last name wrong - I lost the card you gave me!) He was my waiter at breakfast on the morning of my departure. His service was impecable, and his manner was even better than that. He was kind, considerate, efficient, and best of all, he made me laugh. You can't get any better than that!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Dear MaraleeWofford,

So pleased you had such a great visit to our property. Your mention of our Sheraton Sweet Sleeper Beds are common comments we hear from our guests. In fact, the Sheraton Sweet Sleeper Bed is the only 5 diamond bed in the Upper Upscale hotel category. I'm also really happy to hear Aaron took such good care of you. He is a fantastic server. I will make sure to pass along your comments to him. Be sure to come and see us again when your travels bring you back to Portland. We would love to welcome you as our guest again soon.

Portland, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2012

We had our 50th High School Reunion at the Sheraton. Many of the classmates stayed at the hotel and we were all happy with our rooms. The Friday night event was great, great room, great food and wonderful staff. The banquet on Saturday was praised by all who attended. The staff was most helpful, in a minute's notice, friendly and certainly knew their jobs very well. Tracie was a great help planning the entire event. I would recommend this hotel to anyone planning a Reunion of this type. We had a great time. Dwain was most helpful and was always around to help in any way. Antonio was helpful and friendly as well. We all had a great time dealing with this fine staff.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Dear JaniceBeard,

Thanks for sharing your High School Reunion with us. I'm so pleased you and everyone else had a great time at our property. Your mention of Dwain are comments we hear frequently. He's been with our property over 30 years and does an outstanding job. I will be sure to pass along the comments to him. Hope to see you again soon.

Boston, Massachusetts
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2012

The hotel is literally between the runways. They give you earplugs to help sleep during the takeoffs. So do not count on early nights or late mornings. Great view of airplanes taking off, however. The hotel is also very convenient for car rentals.

Room Tip: I am not sure there are rooms that do not face either runways.