“Beautiful views, large comfortable rooms, great first rate service.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of RiverPlace Hotel, a Kimpton Hotel

Save Saved
You added RiverPlace Hotel, a Kimpton Hotel to your Saves list
RiverPlace Hotel, a Kimpton Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1510 SW Harbor Way, Portland, OR 97201 (Formerly RiverPlace Hotel, A Larkspur Collection Hotel) (Downtown)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Save Up To 20%
Ranked #1 of 132 hotels in Portland
GreenLeadersSilver level
“Beautiful views, large comfortable rooms, great first rate service.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013 via mobile

This is a great hotel - not inexpensive but worth the money. Perfectly located, large comfortable rooms and a friendly, helpful and gracious staff. Our room faced the water and we enjoyed the sounds of the area whole appreciating the fact that the hotel itself was very quiet. When we return to Portland this is where we will stay.

• Stayed July 2013

1,063 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (357)
Fort Myers, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013

We just finished up staying a week here and enjoyed our visit thoroughly. The staff were friendly and helpful from the moment we arrived - helping with logistics, suggestions - almost anything. it is very relaxing at the end of the day to sit on the patio and enjoy some of the food from Three Degrees- their restaurant on location. We had hummus and vegetables with local wines, along with some other appetizers. The hotel provides coffee in the morning, wine tastings in the afternoon, free bicycles to get around town (gotta get to them quickly as there are a limited number) and complimentary access to a health spa and club next door.

Room Tip: river view
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Ryan K, General Manager at RiverPlace Hotel, a Kimpton Hotel, responded to this review, July 22, 2013
Thanks for the review and thanks for choosing the RiverPlace. We have just added 2 more bikes to our fleet and we should receive a cool new “Kona beer” bike shortly. You are right the bikes are huge hit with our guest and we are trying to keep up with the demand but we got you covered.

santa rosa,ca
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013

Our stay at this Kimpton property was memorable. We had a beautiful room on the 4th floor and absolutely loved it. Kimpton remembered my wife's birthday and there was a card a bottle of wine and chocolates waiting for her when we arrived. The room was large spotless well-appointed and beautiful. The bed was typical Kimpton ultra comfortable. Guests have use of the upscale health club down the block and there are bicycles to borrow in the lobby. I cant remember a more beautiful room. Oh yes the Burnham in Chicago ! Another Kimpton property. Of Course. Thank You Kimpton! You do great work !

Room Tip: I am certain that ALL the rooms are great !
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Alexandria, VA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

My review is a bit different -- I didn't stay at RiverPlace but wished that I had. I crossed the street from my hotel to walk along the river and stopped in here on the way back for a glass of wine at the bar. A rounded room with a full view of the marina and the water was a natural place to strike up a conversation with some RiverPlace guests who could not say enough about how much they were enjoying their stay. I wandered around the lobby, talked with the staff at the desk about rooms, toured the public spaces and then walked the lawn in front of the hotel. As I headed back across the street, I realized that RiverPlace is where I should have made the reservation. You can't go wrong with a Kimpton Hotel, but this one is special with its great location and terrific staff. I enjoyed seeing Portland for the first time but realized the I had missed an opporunity. Next time at RiverPlace!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
You truly scared me with that review title that we had some things to work on!! We would absolutely love to have you. Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts about our property and staff.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013 via mobile

I'm super snobby when it comes to hotels! RiverPlace exceeded my expectations! I loved the decor and personal touched as well as the service. It was wonderful to have the New York Times delivered to my room. Don't forget to order room service - it is amazing!

• Stayed July 2013
Hey there is nothing wrong with being a snob when it comes to your hotel accommodations. Everyone should be. Glad that we exceeded those expectations. See you soon,

Vancouver
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013

Over the years I've stayed at Portland's RiverPlace Hotel on numerous occasions, never to be disappointed.
Our visit this past weekend was awesome. The rooms and public spaces are completely refurbished (and their decorator is to be commended). Absolutely beautiful.
It's clearly evident that the staff enjoys their work. Everyone is helpful and friendly - no matter the task. We attended a dinner party in the hotel's private dining room which was like dining in a 5 star restaurant.
I simply cannot say enough about the pleasant experience of staying in this lovely hotel; perfect location and view - wonderful spacious rooms - elegant (but not stuffy) bar and restaurant - smiling, friendly staff. and even fresh lemonade upon checkin. Please take my word for it, you owe yourself the pleasure of making this exquisite hotel "your home away from home". You'll be glad you did.

Room Tip: It's worth it to pay a little more and have a riverview. Wonderful ambiance throughout the en...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Thanks for the review and thank you so much for your loyalty. I love the fact that you enjoyed our new look. The designer name is Gino Castano and I’ll be sure to share your review with him.

Cheers,

Excelsior, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

Good Friends of ours from Virginia met us in Portland (we traveled from MN) for along weekend. I was in charge of finding our hotel. Since I've had such amazing stays at other Kimptons I started with their hotels. I called and spoke with Samantha who answered all my questions honestly. After a lot of discussion and listening to what I was looking for she recommended the River Place. In addition she offered to send me information on local attractions, wineries and activities. We received all the promised information within a week. Once we checked into our pristine river view rooms we were greeted by a lovely note and a bottle of wine. Off to a great start!!!!
That evening we asked Kelsi for Dinner recommendations and had one of the more amazing dinners of our lives. But wait there is more, every night, every recommendation was better. Everyone from the doorman,wait staff, front desk & Housekeeping were over the top friendly and helpful. They all have been trained beautifully and have a very pleasing "can do spirit".

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Kelsey and Samantha are true all-stars. So glad to hear they took such great care of you with those amazing recommendations. Thanks for the review!

Ryan

Been to RiverPlace Hotel, a Kimpton Hotel? Share your experiences!