Ok so it took us three attempts to get to the hotel, but that's the fault of Portland's incredibly confusing highway and one way systems. They do have driving directions on the website; make sure you refer to them and don't just rely on a map.
Once there, Doug and Andrew were wonderfully welcoming, really great guys who love what they do. They set a very high bar for service from the moment you step out of your car. Fresh iced lemonade in the lobby, and a $10 'raid the minibar' voucher soon calmed our traffic-frazzled nerves. As a previous reviewer said, join the Kimpton loyalty scheme to get the voucher and free wifi. We had a king room with river view, very spacious with all-new furnishings and huge, hugely comfortable bed. There's also super fluffy robes, safe, iron, ironing board, slippers, yoga mat ... Though I thought the bathroom shampoo etc was a bit downmarket-looking compared to the newly styled rooms.
Breakfast wasn't included in the rate, but hey this is Portland where baristas are close to rock stars (and chefs are rated even higher) so we went to Case Study's downtown branch, which is about a 12 minute walk up 10th.
We also took advantage of the wine hour, held outdoors on the deck, with a live jazz duo, 4 sorts of wine as well as beer, soft drinks and snacks. Yes it was the most expensive hotel of our Washington/oregon trip, but absolutely worth it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Stay Tranquil. A landmark presence on the riverfront, RiverPlace Hotel - a Kimpton Hotel, captures the innovative essence and intimate hospitality of the Pacific Northwest. A haven of warmth and tranquility, RiverPlace is a charming refuge located at the base of Portland’s city center. Stay closely connected or blissfully removed – RiverPlace is an immersion in care, comfort and quality. The hotel offers personalized experiences tailored to guest’s individual needs and interests, from complimentary wireless high speed Internet, DVD players and complimentary access to the Oregon Athletic Club at RiverPlace. Guests also enjoy our Three Degrees Waterfront Bar & Grill, one of the city's most popular spots. Everything about this restaurant feels welcoming and comfortable - including our guests. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, Tingo and Jetsetter so you can book your RiverPlace Hotel, a Kimpton Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Larkspur Collection Portland
- Riverplace Hotel Larkspur Collection