Having stayed ay many hotels, and many of them being Kimpton, throughout my young life, this was the best stay I've ever had. My girlfriend, pup and I all really loved visiting Portland a lot, but this stay made it even more home-y for us. We are visiting different cities as possible places to live in the next few years, and this about did it for us. All of the staff was not only nice and friendly, but very helpful and knowledgeable. We were always greeted as we walked by the front desk and it was always with a smile. The rooms we stayed in were all neat and clean, which is how it should be, but often times it doesn't end up that way. I say rooms because we originally planned to stay 4 nights in our King Executive Suite, but decided a day or two before we were to check out that we wanted to extend our stay. Maya helped us and tried to get us to stay in the same room we were currently in, but kindly explained that she would do her best because there were other guests that were gonna occupy the King Exec Suite the day we were supposed to check out. She worked with us on getting a room on the same floor since we all find it a hassle to have to move rooms for one night. Like the King Exec Suite, the King Deluxe room was just as neat and clean. The views on the river side are all very nice. John helped us out a lot the first few nights we were there and he was great as well.
Overall, the stay here is comfortable and very clean. I love the coffee in the morning as well. I'd say the only downside of a hotel in any downtown, in general, is the lack of a self parking garage. Luckily, there was plenty of street parking available and even the Valet attendent, told me that it would be the cheaper route for us since we were staying so long. Thus, we tipped him on our way out. He also gave us great tips for places to go in the city and surrounding neighborhoods. I forget his name, but he had a dark, stubbly beard, young, dark complexion and very knowledgeable of the city. Also, when we got back home, we realized that we left our dog's bath towel in the second room we stayed at, so I called and spoke to Maya. She transferred me to lost and found, but they didn't answer so I left a message. Nick returned my call the next day and told me he was checking on it and that he would let me know if he had found it or out. He called me back and let me know he didn't find it, but would still keep searching. Well, the day after that he found it and he is shipping it out to me. I love that they were able to find it!
If you're looking for a place to stay in Portland, RiverPlace is the place. They can not only give you a nice stay, but great suggestions on where to grab some good eats. I will definitely be back and staying with you all. Thanks again!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Stay Tranquil. A landmark presence on the riverfront, RiverPlace Hotel - a Kimpton Hotel, captures the innovative essence and intimate hospitality of the Pacific Northwest. A haven of warmth and tranquility, RiverPlace is a charming refuge located at the base of Portland’s city center. Stay closely connected or blissfully removed – RiverPlace is an immersion in care, comfort and quality. The hotel offers personalized experiences tailored to guest’s individual needs and interests, from complimentary wireless high speed Internet, DVD players and complimentary access to the Oregon Athletic Club at RiverPlace. Guests also enjoy our Three Degrees Waterfront Bar & Grill, one of the city's most popular spots. Everything about this restaurant feels welcoming and comfortable - including our guests. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Booking.com, Tingo, Priceline, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, Otel and Jetsetter so you can book your RiverPlace Hotel, a Kimpton Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Larkspur Collection Portland
- Riverplace Hotel Larkspur Collection