I had a one night stay at the RiverPlace Hotel that I honestly wish was a longer stay. I arrived at the hotel in mid-afternoon tired and cranky, due to flight delays, re-routing and lost baggage. When I asked the front desk if they had some basic toiletries due to my lost bag, Jamie immediately asked me what I needed and she was able to supply me with everything except a contact lens case. I was then upgraded to a suite and told to join the Kimpton rewards program for free internet. My bag eventually arrived in the middle of the night and I pre-arranged with the front desk for the bell staff to quietly just leave it in the front entranceway of my suite while I slept.
All of the staff that I encountered at the hotel were friendly, helpful and naturally so. This hotel is one of the few places that you feel that staff are well trained and hired because of their outlook and commitment to doing their jobs well.
With other pertinent details for travelers, the hotel will not disappoint. The bed was incredibly comfortable. I fell asleep easily and soundly in high quality bedding. There was a newer alarm clock with ipod dock. The flat screen TVs had clear television reception and a respectable assortment of channels. The suite I had was not exceptionally large but well laid out so that there was a slight separation between the living and bedroom areas.
The washroom was well stocked with Kimpton's excellent house brand toiletries. The washroom was also well-lit and spacious. Bathtub provided a comfortable soak and the shower pressure in the morning was excellent.
I spend up to 90 days a year in hotels and consider myself to have realistic standards on hotel service, amenities and customer service. Without question, this hotel will meet all of your needs and the staff will shine.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Stay Tranquil. A landmark presence on the riverfront, RiverPlace Hotel - a Kimpton Hotel, captures the innovative essence and intimate hospitality of the Pacific Northwest. A haven of warmth and tranquility, RiverPlace is a charming refuge located at the base of Portland’s city center. Stay closely connected or blissfully removed – RiverPlace is an immersion in care, comfort and quality. The hotel offers personalized experiences tailored to guest’s individual needs and interests, from complimentary wireless high speed Internet, DVD players and complimentary access to the Oregon Athletic Club at RiverPlace. Guests also enjoy our Three Degrees Waterfront Bar & Grill, one of the city's most popular spots. Everything about this restaurant feels welcoming and comfortable - including our guests. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, AAA Travel Services, Orbitz, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Agoda, Travelocity, Odigeo, Jetsetter and Tingo so you can book your RiverPlace Hotel, a Kimpton Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Larkspur Collection Portland
- Riverplace Hotel Larkspur Collection