“Why My favorite hotel is RiverPlace” 5 of 5 stars
Review of RiverPlace Hotel, a Kimpton Hotel

Save Saved
You added RiverPlace Hotel, a Kimpton Hotel to your Saves list
RiverPlace Hotel, a Kimpton Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1510 SW Harbor Way, Portland, OR 97201 (Formerly RiverPlace Hotel, A Larkspur Collection Hotel) (Downtown)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Save 20% This Spring
Ranked #1 of 132 hotels in Portland
GreenLeadersSilver level
Seattle, Washington
“Why My favorite hotel is RiverPlace”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

I am happy to share my thoughts about RiverPlace so that others can enjoy this hotel as I have. I have stayed there on four different occasions over the last 2 years - my last visit was in Nov 2012. Anyway, this is probably my favorite hotel overall. I like the design of all the rooms which is unlike most hotels. Super clean rooms, very comforable. All of the staff are top notch and they go so far out of their way to help you I cannot believe it. They have a really great bar, and the food is really great. I know I can always count on a great experience which is why when I visit Portland, I will only stay at the RiverPlace. It is in a great location, with lots of interesting places to walk with shops and restaurants along the way. Also, the rooms all have nice views and is quiet!! I can actually get some sleep there. Best Regards!

Room Tip: I haven't had a bad room there yet as most have an interesting view. Rooms looking into the cour...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Tessa K, Manager at RiverPlace Hotel, a Kimpton Hotel, responded to this review, November 25, 2012
Thank you so much for your great review! I am so happy that our staff in both the restaurant and the hotel took such great care of you during your visits and I agree that the view doesn't get much better.

We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Warmest Regards,

975 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (317)
Portland, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

I travel quite a bit for work, and I've never had such a wonderful hotel experience as I did with RiverPlace. The staff are extremely friendly and attentive, the rooms are comfortable and clean, and the hotel is located right on the beautiful Willamette River. It's in a perfect location to go on a walk or run along the river, and it's close to public transportation. There are all sorts of special aspects to RiverPlace, like the free coffee hour in the morning and wine hour in the evening, but the best part is by far the wonderful staff. Everyone is genuinely caring, from the front desk staff helping with directions around the city, printing, you name it to the cleaning staff who leave a nice note and chocolates on your bed after cleaning the room. This hotel is truly exceptional!

Room Tip: Make sure to sign up for InTouch to get credit in the room minibar!
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Wow, what a review! Thank you so much. I am so happy to hear how much you enjoyed staying at the RiverPlace and all of the great perks that come along with it. I do totally agree with you in regards to our staff. They are the best in the business and we are so lucky to have all of them working with us.

Thank you again and we ALL look forward to seeing you again.

Warm Regards,

Hamilton, Bermuda
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

I was travelling on business and arrived in Portland on a Saturday evening my colleagues were not due to arrive until the next evening.
The welcome I received was wonderful, invited to the wine tasting and when I came down for that I was made to feel so at home they knew I was alone and I felt completely part of the group immediately.
I also ate alone in the restaurant that evening. Excellent food and service and again made to feel completley comfortable.
When in Portland I will now stay no where else

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the river
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for your great review. I am so glad that our staff gave you such a warm welcome... and I am sure that the glass of wine was a great treat as well. We are so happy to hear that you will be staying with us again the next time you are in Portland.

See you soon,

Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

This was a great place to stay--beautiful rooms and facility--such an amazing location on the harbor! The staff was incredible, offering every kind of assistance, sometimes before we could think of what we'd need. It's also pet friendly; when you drive up, there's fresh water ready for your pet.

The free wine in the afternoon is a great touch, and it's not just wine, there are specialty appetizers. Coffee and tea in the morning, with every kind of addition you can think of. The entire hotel is green; the restaurant is quite good, serving organic and locally grown foods.

We felt like royalty; what a nice change from big chain hotels that we normally use. Our room was large, wifi free, contemporary furnishings and beautiful touches that rival the best hotel.

I will stay here again!!!

Room Tip: Its worth it to get rooms on the harbor, water view, except for the boats, so its a bit noisier!
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Thank you! What a lovely review. I am so happy that you enjoyed your stay here at the RiverPlace. I also love to hear when our guests have the chance to enjoy all of the great perks we offer.

We hope to see you again the next time you visit Portland and be sure to check out some of Kimpton's other great hotels around the Country.

sacramento
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

On a recent business trip to Portland, I sayed at one of the Kimpton's chains' new properties near downtown. It is nicely appointed, close to public transportation, and great views. This will be my ew favorite when I'm back in Portland.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for your review! We are so excited to have the bragging rights of being your new favorite hotel in Portland.

See you next time!

Warmest Regards,

Hawaii
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

Recently my wife and I decided to pop off to Portland for a long weekend of sightseeing and relaxation. Riverplace is an amazing hotel, not so much because of the hotel – which is very nice, but more for the people. We were amazed that the staff went so far out of their way to make us comfortable and even anticipated our wants before we even had them. I have stayed at many top hotels in my life, and I can honestly say the service at Riverplace was the best I have ever had. Everything was done with a smile and they really seem to want to help any way they can.
As for the actual structure, it is clean and very nicely furnished with tasteful yet contemporary furniture and art. Our bed was amazingly comfortable. My wife actually went to the front desk to ask about the brand of mattress topper they have!
They have a restaurant called “3Degrees” which serves wonderful food and drinks. No need to leave the hotel for food if you don’t want to. The location is close to the trolley and the river walk. It’s right on the water, so evening strolls around the neighborhood are very easy to do. In summation, I can’t say enough good things about this hotel. We would definitely go back!
Only downside you should know about - valet parking is $31 per night, but self park is free!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

Location: A+
Customer Service: A+
Room Quality: A

Situated within a stone throw of the Willamette River, RiverPlace Hotel is adjacent to Portland's Riverfront Park and is within easy walking distance of Downtown Portland.

My wife and I took light rail from the Portland airport to RiverPlace, about a 40 minute ride and 15 minute walk. We didn't need a car to enjoy the views, culture and history of Portland. And the workers at RiverPlace went above-and-beyond in making our stay enjoyable. With complimentary tea and coffee in the mornings to tips about how to get around and a solid great of free DVD rentals, they had everything covered.

I'm pretty picky about accommodations and customer service. But RiverPlace exceeded my expectations across the board.

Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Ryan K, General Manager at RiverPlace Hotel, a Kimpton Hotel, responded to this review, November 16, 2012
Thanks for the awesome grades! We will be adding a plus behind that A in room quality very soon with our upcoming remodel. Thanks for the review.

Been to RiverPlace Hotel, a Kimpton Hotel? Share your experiences!