“One Night Get Away” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersSilver level
Queen Creek, Arizona
“One Night Get Away”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013

My husband and I stay at various hotels throughout the year. This trip we did not have our kids so we decided to stay at a place that was more for us. Although it does cater to families, it was nice to have a nice comfy bed and quiet place to sleep after a night out with friends. Fantastic staff and beautiful convenient location.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

TerryGoldman, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Portland, responded to this review, September 3, 2013
Dear Icpayne,

Thank you for your recent stay at the DoubleTree by Hilton Portland and excellent review on TripAdvisor. I am so very glad to read you had a great experience at our property. I am especially grateful for the fantastic comments about the way our staff served you.

On behalf of our entire team, thank you for your business and we do very much look forward to having you as our guest again soon. Please let me know if I can provide any assistance in making future reservations.

tgoldman@portlanddoubletree.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (204)
Bonney Lake, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013

My kids and I were booked at the Portland Doubletree where my nephew's wedding reception was scheduled to be held. Shortly before we were supposed to leave for our trip to Portland, my daughter came down with Mono and became very ill..Her doctor told us that she would need to remain home and rest in order to avoid getting much worse. My kids and I were incredibly disappointed that we would have to miss out on the festivities.I was forced to cancel our reservation late and was concerned about being charged for the room. I must say that I was very impressed by the compassion and generosity that I received from the hotel manager Terry Goldman. Terry went out of his way to assure me that under the circumstances, I would not be charged for our late cancellation. I felt that Terry's kindness and understanding went beyond every day customer service. He showed genuine compassion towards my daughter and our situation. In addition to soften our disappointment, Terry personally sent a little packet of hotel goodies for the kids and I. So, although we were not able to actually stay at the Portland Doubletree, our experience with them was a great one. My family and I look forward to staying there in the future.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Dear Kathy S,

Thank you for your very kind words. I do hope your daughter is feeling better and ready to start back in school. Please let me know when you all are ready to come down to Portland for a getaway and I will be thrilled to assist with the arrangements.

Olympia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

We recently stayed for one night at the Doubletree. When making the reservation I was a little nervous about the location, since most of our trip activities were more in the central downtown area, but I should not have worried. The hotel is beautiful, the staff outstanding and with the Max light rail out the front door I really enjoyed my stay without paying downtown Portland prices.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear livinlife6204,

Thank you for your recent stay at the DoubleTree by Hilton and the wonderful review here on TripAdvisor. I am so please to see you enjoyed your experience with us.

On behalf of our entire team, thank you for your business. We do hope to have you stay with again soon. Please let me know if I can provide any assistance in making future reservations.

Honolulu
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

My flight arrived late at night and didn't get to the hotel until after midnight, but I had no problem checking in. I was given a warm cookie from the front desk. That was nice. The room was spacious, and I had a balcony with a nice view. The bed was comfortable, and the bathroom was a good size. There wasn't a fridge in the room, but you can ask for one from housekeeping.

The location is excellent! It just a short block away from the Lloyd Center Mall on one side, and the light rail on the other side. So convenien! The mall has everything, from eating places, department stores, speciality shops and movie theaters. I was there to see a concert at the Rose Garden, so it is just a couple of stops away on the light rail. I was told that the hotel is on the free ride zone on the rail, so that was a bonus, although I did purchase an all day pass just in case.

I definitely would stay at this hotel again in the future, should I decide to see another concert at the Rose Garden.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
NDC808,

Thank you for your recent stay at the DoubleTree by Hilton Portland and positive review here on TripAdvisor. I appreciate reading the details about your visit and am so glad you took the time to share them with future travelers. Thank you as well for the great photos.

On behalf of our entire staff, thank you for your business and we do hope to have you as a guest with us again soon.

Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

Having spent the weekend with friends there; I found the accommodations very comfortable and a very helpful staff! Close to the Tri-Met, so you can get anywhere you need to go. Closest store was Safeway, (go through Lloyd's Center Mall).
All in all, a great time had by all! Thank You Doubletree!

Room Tip: For the best view of the city; yes higher is better!
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
TerryGoldman, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Portland, responded to this review, August 23, 2013
Leonard64,

Thank you for your recent stay at the DoubleTree by Hilton Portland and terrific review here on TripAdvisor. I am glad to read you enjoyed our facility and that the staff served you well.

I do hope you will stay with us again when visiting your friends here in the Portland area. Please let me know if I may assist in making future reservations.

On behalf of our entire staff, thank you for your business.

Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

We stayed for a conference at this hotel, so the choice was easy.

Overall, the beds were very comfy and the room was pretty large. They didn't have a fridge, but I called down and they brought one immediately. The view was cool - we overlooked the city. The MAX train is right next to the hotel, and there are a ton of things within walking distance. The front desk staff was helpful - "Here are a bunch of non-chain, local places to try."

Extras that may be just a Portland thing: recycling in the room. Parking in their deck was pretty easy. Free Internet that worked well. No free breakfast (typical of Doubletree) but good coffee places about 1/2 mile away. The workout room was great - newer equipment, free weights. The pool looked nice (we didn't try it out). It seems a bit older and could probably use some sprucing up.

We would have no problem staying here again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
professorroyhinkley,

Thank you for your recent stay at the DoubleTree by Hilton Portland and positive review of the property. I am delighted to read you had an enjoyable visit and appreciate your observations and constructive comments.

If your travels bring you back our way I invite you to please reach out to me and I will gladly assist with future reservations. I can be reached via email at tgoldman@portlanddoubletree.com or by calling the hotel at 503-281-6111 extension 4993.

On behalf of our entire staff, thank you for your business.

United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

This hotel has a great location near the convention center and on the light rail station for easy access to downtown and return to the airport. A 7 day rail pass was worth the cost for a 5 day stay. Great value for the price of the stay for a conference rate that was within the VA per state rate for once.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

TerryGoldman, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Portland, responded to this review, August 20, 2013
Robley K,

Thank you for your recent stay at the DoubleTree by Hilton Portland and excellent review about our facility on TripAdvisor. I am delighted to read you enjoyed our location and your experience at our property.

On behalf of our enitre staff, thank you for your business and please let me know next time you are headed our way and I would love to assist in making your reservations.

tgoldman@portlanddoubletree.com

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Portland? Share your experiences!