“Wonderful experience” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #48 of 133 Hotels in Portland
Albuquerque, New Mexico
“Wonderful experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Wonderful location, convenience, staff, accommodations. Bistro restaurant service was a little slow, but compensated by wait staff being extremely friendly. Great experience all the way around!
Even though my room was only two doors from the elevator, I never heard a thing.

Room Tip: Ask for a waterfront view.
  • Stayed January 2015, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (186)
Durango, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I stayed her a couple of nights in October while scouting a bicycle trip. The downtown location was as advertised and offered great access to touring the city as well as its environs. The staff was great at the front desk as well as the bar. The bar also had a good menu as well as a good wine list. I would stay here again.

Room Tip: Upper floors offer better views.
  • Stayed October 2014, traveled on business
Singapore, Singapore
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Our family stayed here in two rooms for 2 nights recently. The location was nice, right on the river and walking distance to shops and restaurants. the rooms were on the small side and the bathrooms were very small. The rooms are also looking a little old and tired, and need updating.

The service was OK.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled with family
William S, Guest Relations Manager at Portland Marriott Downtown Waterfront, responded to this review, 4 weeks ago
Thank you for taking time to review our hotel. You may be interested to know we have started a renovation project for our guest rooms that will be very pleasing for our guests - modern built-in furnishings that make the rooms feel much larger and designed for the business traveller. We hope you come back to see us again soon. Our renovation is scheduled for completion in April/May. See you then!
Minneapolis, Minnesota
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2014

We stayed at the Marriott waterfront with our son and one of his friends. The staff was very professional and the lobby area was nice. The rooms were subpar for a Marriott in my experience. The carpeting was old and somewhat dirty. The bathroom was tiny. They were doing some renovations on some upper floors and hopefully they are giving the property a much-needed update.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled with family
Autumn D, Front Office Manager at Portland Marriott Downtown Waterfront, responded to this review, December 20, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback about your stay with us. We are very happy to hear that the staff service you experienced was very good, as we pride ourselves on our team. We appreciate your comments and will use this information to make improvements in our room amenities. We look forward to having you stay with us again in the future once our guest room renovation is completed in the Spring of 2015, where you will find a brand new guest room and new amenities in the room.
Vancouver, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2014

We wanted to stay downtown and give the kids an opportunity to swim and enjoy downtown. We chose the waterfront Marriott as we had stayed there many years ago and loved the views. The view, once again, did not disappoint. We were on the 9th floor and the sunrise against the water with Mt.Hood in the backdrop was breathtaking. This hotel has been remodeled in the past couple of years and has an "upscale" feel to it now. We had dinner in the Bistro and it was very good, and the service was better than expected. We were there for two nights and each morning we started with breakfast which was also very good. Full omelette bar and fresh Belgian waffles, as well as the usual buffett. The service, again, was very good at breakfast. Definitely request high floor, waterfront side, both for the view and to minimize the road noise. The only downfall were the beds, not very comfortable; however, a scheduled March remodel of the guest rooms will likely address this.

Stayed December 2014
Seattle, Washington
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2014

First, let me say that the bellmen and valet's were absolutely above reproach - service with a smile in gale force winds and freezing cold.

But...I requested an upper floor riverview King Room (noted preference of "large" room) and I was given a lower floor double - which I made no fuss about at check-in at the front desk. I had a ton of luggage and the valet had his cart loaded and waiting. I figured I might be happy in the room provided...I was not! There was just barely room for the two beds and one nightstand! It was a freakin' closet with two beds. I revolted and the valet called the front desk - after some obvious push back they agreed to move me to a single King (like I requested and reserved). I asked the valet to check on what an upgrade to a suite would cost, thinking that would be what I'd have to do to get some space...the answer from the front desk was a very curt $150 on top of being over charged already. Needless, to say I didn't go for that option. We moved to that single King room and it was far larger than the closet they tried to push us into; it would even have been acceptable with two beds.

Never again in a Marriott...
Nef

Room Tip: Demand a large room.
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled on business
Autumn D, Front Office Manager at Portland Marriott Downtown Waterfront, responded to this review, December 19, 2014
We are incredibly sorry that your experience was less than pleasurable when staying with us. We will use your feedback as a coaching and training moment for our team. I would really enjoy speaking to you further about your stay, if you would like to reach out to me.
Thank you for taking the time to rate our hotel and sharing your experience.

Autumn Davis
Hotel: 503-226-7600
Cannon Beach
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2014

I've stayed here many times and consistent is the best way to describe the experience.

Nice clean rooms, great staff, good food, and very conveniently located. There's a waterfront park across the, and any kind of cuisine you could possibly want nearby.

Parking is convenient only when using valet do be prepared to pay for it.

I keep coming back and will continue to do so. I recommend as a good, solid, and consistent hotel.

Stayed November 2014, traveled on business

Been to Portland Marriott Downtown Waterfront? Share your experiences!