“Fine for 1 night” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Portland Airport (I-205)

You added Holiday Inn Portland Airport (I-205) to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Portland Airport (I-205)
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   8439 NE Columbia Boulevard, Portland, OR 97220   |
GreenLeadersBronze level
Dover, NH
“Fine for 1 night”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

Front desk was welcoming and friendly. A/c fan was a bit noisy but I like the white noise. Exterior of hotel is nice and the rooms are clean for an older hotel. We always like things to be new and updated but it was fine. Altho it s close to a train station?
The shuttle driver could brush up on his customer service from the front desk. Most people would assume that if they see a Holiday Inn shuttle, that it might service all the hotels in the area. He should find a more polite way of telling his passengers this rather than being so smarmy. Sorry if you have to explain yourself each time but that's your job!

Stayed April 2015, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Aiea, Hawaii
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

Got a double bed room on the first floor next to a side exit that people entered or exited all night. The door kept slamming all night. The carpet was yucky, smelly, wifi had poor reception. Our room was at the end of the hall facing the railroad tracks. I'm not staying here again.

• Stayed March 2015, traveled with family
Radcliff, Kentucky
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Stayed here for a few days while visiting friends in Gresham with my wife and daughter, and got everything we expect from a Holiday Inn.

This is a busy hotel with a large convention space, so the hotel was busy the entire time we were there. By the time we were getting back at night, parking was full and we had to park at the convention center most nights though.

While we didn't use the restaurant, I did take advantage of the coffee/snack station at the front desk for morning snacks a few days. Free lobby coffee would have been fine, but it was nice to get better coffee to start the day.

My only 'issue' with my stay was my Platinum Upgrade, which simply put me in a basic room on a higher floor. I used points for this stay, so I was unable to book a suite like we would have preferred, and had hoped that one would have been available when we arrived. It was a busy week for the hotel though, so that wasn't possible though.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled with family
Holidaypdx, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Portland Airport (I-205), responded to this review, 1 week ago
Dear Joshua R,

It was a pleasure to have you as a guest and am glad that you were able to get personalized service even though we were busy. We always try to provide the best most personable service we can. We know that by putting in a little extra effort it can make a huge difference in a guest's experience. I apologize that we did not have any suite rooms available to upgrade you in. We always try to upgrade our Gold and Platinum members as we appreciate all the business they bring and there dedication to the IHG brand. We hope that your travels bring you back to Portland so we can see you again.

Burlington, ON
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Stayed for 2 nights for a conference at the convention centre. There is a free shuttle from the airport with very friendly drivers. The front desk staff were also very welcoming. The rooms are a bit dated but the lobby and restaurant have been upgraded. There is a coffee shop at the front that makes good specialty drinks and the bar restaurant has a nice Menu. Trina behind the bar lived up to the reviews made by others. The gym has a number of cardio machines and free weights and did the trick. I would stay here again it's great value, but it's a little isolated.

Stayed April 2015, traveled on business
Dear CDNtraveller66,

It was great having you and everyone else hear with the Craft Brewers Conference. Everyone with the event was great and we hope that the conference will come back next year. We are all happy to hear that our hotel suited your needs and that you would stay with us again. Trina is great and does such a great job. We appreciate everything she does for the hotel and will make sure to share this review with her. If you are ever traveling back through Portland we hope that you stay with us again.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Trina - Absolutely amazing. Makes you feel at home, 1st name basis, regardless of how long you've been gone. THANKS!!!! Trina, you make things work!!!!!!!!! You are awesome!!!!!!!!! ALways nice to feel at home!!!!

Stayed April 2015, traveled on business
Dear Dastud6968,

It was a pleasure to have you as a guest and appreciate you letting us know about your stay. All of our staff tries to give the best most personable guest experience possible. Trina at the restaurant does an amazing job of this. She can remember small details about someone who stayed months ago. We hope to see you soon!

SF BAY AREA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2015

Park and fly rates are $9-10 per day. We are on a 17 day trip and were facing a $150 parking fee. For $134 we had a very nice king-bed room, shuttle to and from airport terminal AND 17 days of parking for our car. Food is very good. nice bar....prompt courteous shuttle service and hotel staff. Great value.

Stayed March 2015, traveled as a couple
Holidaypdx, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Portland Airport (I-205), responded to this review, 4 weeks ago
Dear Fourklines,

I am glad that you figured out about us with parking your car while you go on a trip. The airport and surroundings parking companies charges ridiculous amounts of money to park your car. We try to offer rates that allow guests to stay at our facility before or after their flight with safe parking all for the same price if not cheaper than the airport would charge just for parking. There are other hotels in the area that offer similar Park and Fly packages but we feel our hotel offers superior customer service and very clean accommodations. Another bonus is that we are located very close to the airport but are not in the direct flight path. We hope to see you next time you are flying out of PDX or need any other sleeping accommodations.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2015

I stay here for a week every third week and one of the best bars and restaurants in the Holiday Inn chain... Trina remembers your name, she remembers what you drink, she is very quick with service, very personable and great at relationship building. You could not ask for more

Stayed March 2015, traveled on business
Dear Mstrat2727,

It was a pleasure to have you as a guest are are so happy to what a great experience you had during your stay. Trina and the rest of our staff always strive to provide the best possible customer service and give attention to the details. I will make sure to share this review with her and thank her for her great service. Thank you again for letting us know how your stay was and we hope to see you soon.

Guest Relations

Been to Holiday Inn Portland Airport (I-205)? Share your experiences!