“Health concern” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Portland Airport (I-205)

You added Holiday Inn Portland Airport (I-205) to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Portland Airport (I-205)
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   8439 NE Columbia Boulevard, Portland, OR 97220   |
GreenLeadersBronze level
Plano, Texas
“Health concern”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2013

The stuff at the hotel are very nice. But I am concerned with the hygene of the hotel or at least my room.

When I first got onto 8th floor, the hallway smelled mold. So after I got into my room, which is a suite, I tried to open the windows. I could not. The windows are all locked. I called the front desk and asked if they could open the windows for me, they said they could not. But they could spray air fresher for me. I told them I don't need chemicals in the air for my room.

Later I used the toilets. Neither of the two toilets has air vent. So all air stays inside the room.

The carpet is old and worn. I am fine with it. But my main concern is that there were pieces on the carpet and the sofa as well. I don't think they wiped the leather like sofa or vacuumm the carpet between guests completely.

When I checked out this morning, I talked to the front desk about the hygene issue. Also, I told them that one of the toilet is leaking water. They will need to replace the water tank flopper.

My room is very noisy. But I don't know if it is just my room. I plugged my ears to help.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Todd M, Manager at Holiday Inn Portland Airport (I-205), responded to this review, October 24, 2013
Thank you for sharing your concerns regarding your recent stay. We value all input, especially is in notes areas where we can improve.
The hotel has attempted to make contact directly and hope that we can learn more speaking with you directly.
Thank you again for informing us and please accept our apology.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
San Francisco, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

When you enter the lobby to checkin, you will be impressed with the fancy area. You would believe that the hotel is tidy and clean. However, once you start going towards your room, the color of the carpet is disappointing, as its very dirty. The same goes for the carpet inside the room, you wont want to walk bare foot on it.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Todd M, Manager at Holiday Inn Portland Airport (I-205), responded to this review, October 17, 2013
The Holiday Inn Portland Airport appreciates you taking the time to post a review of your recent stay. We are hopeful the impact of the recently completed renovation extends beyond the Front Desk/Lobby area to guest room bathrooms, in room amenities and bedding package; to public spaces such as the pool, common areas the completely redesigned restaurant and lounge as well as the exterior and entrances and much more were all upgraded.
As part of a full renovation, we are considering floor options and hope to be able to make an announcement soon.
Thank you again for the review. We value your opinion and your continued patronage.
Thank you for choosing the Holiday Inn Portland Airport..
Portland, Oregon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2013

The Hotel as been updated and is beautiful. I find it odd, however, that they did not update the rugs throughout the Hotel. The rugs are very dated, warn, and the halls do not smell fresh as a result .

With my last stay a food tray was left outside my door for two days. The food was not even mine, but ordered by the room next door.

I was suprized to find out that my comp breakfast coupon that had always covered my meal and coffee no longer covered my meal if I asked for Portlands signiture coffee "Stump Town". I was charged a upcharge of 3.00 for the coffee. The regular brew is 2.50 and is included in the 11.00 value coupon. You do the math! It adds up to "Value" in decline.

The staff continues to get 5 stars from me. They are the reason I stay at this Hotel some 50 stays a year. Management on the other hand should review their customer service policies.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Todd M, Manager at Holiday Inn Portland Airport (I-205), responded to this review, October 13, 2013
The Holiday Inn Portland Airport thanks you for your review.
Thank you for your loyalty and taking the time to share areas where we can continue to improve. We consider the feedback invaluable.
We look forward to your next stay with us.
Florence, Oregon
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

I've seen a couple of remodels of this place over the years. Each time the dining and lounge facilities were diminished until now they are reduced to a combo mni coffee shop and bar. Zero atmosphere. Staff both tending bar and serving tables were fine. We opted for breakfast there in the morning. It was nicely prepared and server was attentive. Time was though when I came over when staying at another hotel just for a meal or for Happy Hour. Now it is the other way around. Other than that it was fine. Room was clean and comfortable. Staff was great. Convenient electronic board in reception area posts unto the minute flight information. Convenient Shuttle service to and from airport terminal which is only 2 miles away with no traffic congestion.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Todd M, Manager at Holiday Inn Portland Airport (I-205), responded to this review, October 11, 2013
The Holiday Inn Portland Airport values your comments and appreciates hearing from Senior TripAdvisor Contributors. The hotel and restaurant have indeed undergone a significant redesign.
The new restaurant, Latitude 45, is actually bigger than the previous restaurant space. We added more tables and more seating by expanding the space. We are glad that you were able to enjoy it and found the staff to be great. The incorporation of the lounge into the rear of the restaurant space is a very contemporary design and has created a social and lively environment.
We look forward to our next opportunity to be your host.
Thank you also for the nice comments about the convenient shuttle, and the clean and comfortable rooms.
Amelia Island, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

While the hotel itself needs to be updated, the staff is top rate. We just finished a workshop and were served by Julio, Enrique, Bonnie, and Nikki and we can't say enough about their professionalism, caring customer service, and responsiveness. As presenters, they made sure our room and equipment was perfect, the restaurant team had lunch ready and waiting for our limited break.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
We appreciate your comments that so many staff members made your experience so much better. We value that feedback and it will be shared throughout the hotel. Thank you for bringing your event to the Holiday Inn Portland Airport, we hope to see you again next year!
Fort Worth
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2013

The hotel has done a very nice job with its remodeling––especially in the lobby and bar areas. The room price was reasonable, and they accept pets for an additional $20 fee, which was great for us. Our main complaints concerned the noise at times (located near railroad tracks), and a minor inconvenience in that we couldn't completely close the curtains to keep out the glare of lights. The restaurant, however, was extremely disappointing. We ordered the "oven-baked, cedar plank salmon," even though it was farm-raised (which had to have been a first for a Portland-area restaurant) and specifically asked that it be cooked "pinkish" so it wouldn't be overcooked and dry. What we received were salty, dry, identically-shaped slices of salmon (suspected previously frozen) which were way overpriced. Dessert choices were uninspiring as well. We really didn't expect much at a Holiday Inn restaurant, but for the prices charged ($17-25), I can't recommend this one at all. The van will take you to other places––which would be our choice next time.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Todd M, Manager at Holiday Inn Portland Airport (I-205), responded to this review, October 6, 2013
As a Senior Reviewer, we value your insights. We are very glad that you like the improvements of the renovation and were also able to use one of our pet friendly rooms. We are disappointed though that your dining experience was not to to your satisfaction. Your concerns that the salmon was previously frozen is not the case, and surprisingly too, most salmon served throughout Portland is farm raised, unless a menu states some variation of "wild", "troll" or "fresh catch". Most important though with the feedback, is the critique has been shared with the Chef so we can make improvements so thank you for sharing this important information.
We look forward to you next stay at the Holiday Inn Portland Airport.
Wallingford, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2013

We flew in to the airport around midnight, and came right to the hotel for check in. The front desk person was very nice and helpful. I was amazed at how nice this hotel is! I would say this is one of the nicest Holiday Inn's I have been to. Next time we travel through Portland, we will probablty be staying here again. We really enjoyed the coffee in the morning as well!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
The Holiday Inn Portland Airport is gracious that you found this to be one of the nicest of the Holiday Inn family. We are delighted that you chose to stay with us and that you enjoyed a few of the many amenities and offers we provide to make your time away from home a little more comfortable.

Been to Holiday Inn Portland Airport (I-205)? Share your experiences!