“Really...” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #95 of 133 Hotels in Portland
Ketchikan
“Really...”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2013

I thought that The Ramada suppose to be a nice hotel.. I had the mini suite..The room wall paper was not attach in places, one of the outlet is very loose from the wall, and trying to adjust the water for a shower was impossible it only had two speed hot or cold no happy medium.. the shower rod next to the fawcett very loose where shower curtain would not tight against the wall... Would not take award card because I was told I went through a 3rd party The hours for the bar and restaurant didn't allow for someone that had check in late and wanted something to eat... Their house keeper didn't knock at the before they enter after the cleaning was done.... Today had house keeping did knock to see if I was still there and it was not even check out time... The gal that checked me in didn't give a chance to set up a time for the shuttle next day...

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (85)
Wheeler, Oregon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2013

We used this hotel as a park n fly. The hotel is older and a little tired. But it is clean and the shuttle service was excellent. Restaurant closes early so don't rely on the fact that it has a restaurant. It closes I think at 4pm. ??? Guess you could have food delivered or walk to the Red Lion nearby.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Jarvis M, General Manager at Ramada Portland Airport, responded to this review, December 16, 2013
Thank you for choosing the Ramada Portland Airport. Our restaurant hours are 7:00 AM until 1:00 PM then we close until 4:00 PM and are open until 10:00 PM, our lounge does stay open until 11:00 PM and has a limited menu available. Our Parking Package is a great value just remember to book directly with us or can get expensive. We are working on becoming a great hotel rather than just a great budget hotel, look for several changes over the next year! We appreciate your business and hope to see you again soon.
Panama City, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2013

I thought I would pay a little more for a better hotel near the Portland Airport but I was sorry I did. Avoid this hotel if you can. Before I list the negatives, I will say the ladies at the front desk were very good, but they couldn't make up for the sorry room.

The first room I was given was recently occupied or never cleaned. Bed unmade, dirty bedding, trash on floor and bathroom dirty. After turning in my key for that room I was given another.

This one was not much better. Hair in the sinks and bathtub, shower curtain rod falling down, faucet broken, loud air conditioning, dirty and stained carpet, holes in bedding, lights burned out, etc. I left the next morning and will not stay there again.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Jarvis M, General Manager at Ramada Portland Airport, responded to this review, December 12, 2013
Thank you for choosing the Ramada Portland Airport. I am sorry to hear about the trouble you had in your room. The room conditions you describe are definitely not up to the Ramada Standard. I thank you for brining this too my attention and will be talking with the Housekeeping Supervisor to ensure that she is doing a better job checking these rooms. I hope to see you again.
Omaha, Georgia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2013

This hotel is a rundown mess on par with a 40 year old motel 6 or super 8 yet they charge the price of a midrange hotel. The front desk staff was good when I checked in, but the man working the desk at night was very creepy and made sexual advances towards my friend and I. I would have complained to the manager but I was leaving for a flight very early in the morning. I don't think he would have cared anyway by the looks of this hotel, no one cares about the property or the staff who work there. Also, good luck getting the heat to work. It doesn't. When I asked about it the night desk clerk was so creepy I just gave up.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for choosing the Ramada Portland Airport. I am aware that our property is showing some wear and am working hard on brining it up to an upper midscale property. I believe our rates reflect the wear that our property shows. I am very alarmed to hear about the front desk agent hitting on you, this is definitely something that I do not condone. I would very much appreciate it if you could give me a call in regards to this so that I can take action, my phone number is 503-255-6511. I hope to hear from you soon.
Milwaukie
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2013

The facet in the bathroom was broken. it only had warm water running out of it. The room was clean though and the bed was very comfortable.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Ramada

Thank you for choosing the Ramada Portland Airport. I am sorry to hear about the problem with the faucet in your room. If you ever have any problems when staying with us please let us know so that we can get them fixed. I want every guest experience to be a good one and am working hard to make that happen. Happy Holidays, and we hope to see you again soon.

Been to Ramada Portland Airport? Share your experiences!