“Close to airport!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #93 of 133 Hotels in Portland
Ocean Park, Washington
“Close to airport!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

Close to airport but not to close. We booked the Park, Fly, then stay. It was so very convienent for what we needed & a hotel that still has smoking rooms (if your a smoker like I am). The restaurant, Lea's Landing has good food & good drinks. Our room ( for a smoking room) was clean & had a great shower. The pillows could an update. The package was very reasonably priced also. Would stay again. And did a couple of day later, when we had to go back to Portland for a memorial service for my best friends dad. She had a friend coming in from San Francisco the day before the service & the hotel was only a few miles up the freeway from Willamette National Cemetary was the service was being held. Again, convienence.

Room Tip: Entrance E & F are closest to the ground floor smoking rooms.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Jarvis M, General Manager at Ramada Portland Airport, responded to this review, March 26, 2013
Thank you for choosing the Ramada Portland Airport. Our park before you fly package is a great deal just remember you must book this directly with the hotel to get the best rate. We offer two different pillows in every room so if the first one you grab is not comfortable to you try another we offer firm and medium. I am sorry to hear about your friends dad, my father in law was also set to rest in Willamette National and the service was beautiful. I hope to see you again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
Goose Creek
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

toilets to low to ground especially for bigger/taller people 6'3 245 lbs toilets tend to back up when flushing

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Ramada

Seattle, Washington
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

Stayed at the hotel Friday – Monday the maid service was awful! They did not clean coffee ground up that had spilt all over after one of the packages opened not to mention left the stir straw packages, decaf coffee and paper cup all over my products in the bathroom, my products also had been rearranged in a disorganized manner and coffee ground were now in my stuff. However they did take our clean coffee cups and drinking glasses and left the dirty ones! They did not replenish towels after they took them or the tissue box and the coffee was never re filled after they cleaned each day. Including that the sheets on my bed were never made properly they didn’t fully cover the bed or tuck under the bed and always came off. The bed also on the last night scratched me while I was sleeping I now have approx. an inch scratch on my side! Worst of worse when I went to the check out the customer service was despicable! The lady never looked at me in the eyes it was as if I was disturbing her, then when she was checking me out I advised her I prepaid and instead of addressing my concerns she blew me off and just charged my card and said here is your receipt. I still had concerns and was trying to talk to her when the phone rang and instead of excusing herself she answered the phone and ignored me. I asked for corporates number she walked away got a card without saying anything to me eyes rolled at me as I asked her again she provided me the umber, she then gave me the card said it was her general managers information. I asked her again for corporates number she only said she didn’t have it then walked in the back, next thing I knew she was back with a guy. He said I have to look up corporates number online, I had to ask who he was and he was the manager. It was amazing to me how rude this hotel was. The card reader on door to the hotel did not work and one day when we were going out it fell off its hinges. I will never stay at the Ramada again no matter what the cost! The service was not worth it! Not to mention the people before me were complaining about how their room didn’t get cleaned one day as well and other service complaints and the manager had a look on his face like he could care less. I would highly suggest NOT booking at this hotel and SAVE YOUR SELF!!!!

Room Tip: Stay at a different hotel!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Kerrville, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

While the staff was very friendly and helpful, the building and furnishings are in need up updating. Dark halls with a slightly musty smell lead to specious rooms that have wall unit heaters and ACs. The price was good and all we needed was a place to check in late and hit the road early in the morning for a drive down the Oregon coast.

Room Tip: Find a nearby newer hotel.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Jarvis M, General Manager at Ramada Portland Airport, responded to this review, March 19, 2013
Thank you for choosing the Ramada Portland Airport. It is true that some of our decor will make you feel like you are back in the 80's especially the pictures. We have update the most important things like flat screen TV's, pillow to mattress, fridge and microwave in every room as well as high speed internet access. The other thing that seems to be stuck in time is our rediculously low rates. We are working on updating our rooms but until we do you will be able to pay prices from another century for these rooms.
Roseburg
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

My husband and i stayed for a night before flying out of pdx. The bathroom was moldy and the room felt run down. Quite noisy.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Ramada

Been to Ramada Portland Airport? Share your experiences!