“Quality Inn??” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Quality Inn Downtown Convention Center

You added Quality Inn Downtown Convention Center to your Saves list
Quality Inn Downtown Convention Center
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   431 Northeast Multnomah, Portland, OR 97232 (Formerly La Quinta)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #88 of 133 Hotels in Portland
Coquitlam, Canada
“Quality Inn??”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2012

This is me and my sisters third stay at this hotel, the first two times when it was a La Quinta... And I honestly liked it better when it was a La Quinta.

It still has the same great location and plenty of free parking but the rest, the smaller details have gone down hill.
When I checked in I asked for a map and a recommendation on where to go for dinner as some of our favorite spots have been recomended by hotel staff, this guy spent a few minutes trying to find a map for me and never got back to me about dinner.
Another issue was our keys stopped working on the second day and we had to get them re-activated... After waiting 5 minutes for help.
The materess were really soft, to soft for my likeing. Also the hotel smelled kinda funny.

It's not that this hotel is really bad, it's just that it was way better before... Don't think we will stay here again when we come back to Portland.

• Stayed June 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Ames, Iowa
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2012

Recently refurbished large room. Good breakfast. Microwave and refrigerator were a nice feature. On our last of three nights around 11 pm we were woke from our sleep by people running and shouting in the hall. After 30 minutes we tried calling the front desk. After about 30 minutes we finally reached someone. Seemed to quiet down for 2 hours and then started again for another 30 minutes. The front desk obviously had no instruction on how to handle drunk and or drugged guests. When we mentioned the problem the next day to the manager he said there was a rock concert at the convention center. He never apoligized for our rather terrifying and sleepless night

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
India
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2012

We were given a two twin beds room with a shower cabin where the shower was not adjustable. We requested the reception to change our room which they did to a room next door with a larger room with a tub which was more comfortable but the Aircon kept switching off.
I believe the new owners bought the hotel very recently. Earlier it was La Quinta and now they have changed it to Quality Inn. The new owners are slowly changing all the furniture and TV's in the rooms which is a good sign. What is urgently required is to get rid of the musty smell in the rooms and corridors as well have the windows and doors sound proofed. I am sure people who have stayed there have noticed that whenever someone shuts a door on any floor, the whole hotel vibrates as if there are tremors from an earthquake.
The owners wife was very very helpful and the reception staff as well.

Room Tip: It's less noisy towards Mariott Courtyard.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Vancouver, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2012

Great price - about $80 per night, very short walk to the city center across the bridge, or take the free LRT train.
The actual location is nothing special, but it would be great if you were catching a Blazers game.
Wifi was decent, staff was nice, rooms were clean/quiet, pool available but didn't use, free breakfast was a bit of a pile of crap, but hey it was free.

Good value and decent location!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
Tacoma, Washington, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2012

After being in the room for 45 mins me and my party in the room next door decided we didn't want to stay. The rooms smelt a little funny.....like dirty, stale smoke, musky or moldy. Then I found out after both occupants of my 2 rooms went out for a smoke that the place didn't have a hot tub after the front desk told me they did. We decided on our way back to just leave and find another hotel. I told my party to pack up and we were gunna leave. I went to front desk and they proceeded to tell me that there have been complaints about us smoking in our rooms. I said uh we DID NOT smoke in your room....the rooms smell funny anyways when we got here. I want to check out and I'm not paying for the rooms because they smell. They had the housekeeper check the room and she said she smelled smoke, and the room need to be cleaned. WE ONLY SAT ON THE CHAIRS AND BED FOR 45 MINS!! They ended up CHARGING ME FOR 1 night for one of the rooms AND AFTER I LEFT A 150 CLEANING FEE ON MY CREDIT CARD!! THIS PLACE IS SCAMMING PEOPLE BEWARE!! BEFORE THEY HAVE A CHANCE TO COMPLAIN AND WANT TO LEAVE THEY MAKE UP A STORY ABOUT YOU SMOKING IN THE ROOM SO THEY CAN STILL GET THEY'RE MONEY FROM YOU.

Room Tip: go somewhere else
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2012

Dont even waste your money or time. I looked at reviews on here before I booked my room and I actually trusted that the reviews would be somewhat correct and it would be a nice play to stay. But, that is NOT the case! They must write there own reviews on here. The hotel smells of mold, the front desk lady looked like she "had a rough night" and was not helpful when I checked in, and the rooms were dirty. Please trust me on this. It isnt worth wasting your money.

Lancaster, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2012

This is a lovely hotel with big rooms , clean and very comfortable beds. There is easy and quick public transport into the city centre and the big Lloyd Center with lots of shops only a few minutes walk away. Parking is free. There are plenty of eating places nearby. Very good value.

• Stayed June 2012

Been to Quality Inn Downtown Convention Center? Share your experiences!