- Great value
- Centrally located
- Loads of bathrooms with hot water.
- Awesome front desk personnel, volunteered info and organized tours. I just felt like they wanted to ensure my stay was fun.
- Plenty of common areas, so much so that finding a nook to have to myself was not a problem.
- Coin laundry
- NO charge for lockers, locks or towels.
- 2 full kitchens with everything you'll need to make your meals (Flatware, plates, pots, etc)The house I stayed in had 2 ovens.
- Very light breakfast (mostly toast and coffee).
- Plenty of info in the hostel about local events of all sorts. Perfect for the lone traveller.
- We stayed in the 8 bed coed dorm. I was expecting one big room with bunks, however in was a room with two side rooms. So the main room included a full bath and a bunk bed, the second room had 2 bunk beds and the other room had 1 bunk bed with a sheet as the door (My husband and I were blessed to snag this one).
- Key card entry to everything. Another bit of assurance of being in a city with an active "transient" population ;-)
- So many more pros, but I'll stop there.
- If your room faces a common area it can get a little noisy, but all we did was close the window.
Go!! This is a top notch operation. Very organized and obviously guided by customer service for the light traveling adventure bound of all ages.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Private rooms and dorms, common kitchen, outdoor courtyard and gardens. Central location in NW Portland near the Pearl. Portland's best bargain! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, HostelWorld, HostelBookers and Odigeo so you can book your Hostelling International - Northwest Portland Hostel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hostelling International - Northwest Portland Hotel Portland