“Wow...” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Dessert
Portland/Vancouver
“Wow...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

First off, I've only come here for the Sunday brunch. Secondly, don't come here if you're already hungry. The wait to be seated on Sunday mornings have been an hour on average for me. Then you'll have the waiting time for the food to be made as well, as this place gets ridiculously crowded, rain or shine!

Aside from the long wait, the food is good and the servings are large! I recommend the breakfast po-boy sandwich, the fried chicken and waffle, and cathead or something similar to that. I tried finding that last item on their online menu, but their website is in the process of being redone.

Our server was really nice and professional, checking on us periodically and never interrupting us during conversation. She made sure we had a great experience. =)

• Visited December 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

89% Recommend
Sacramento, California
“Excellent!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2012

We love the food there, have been there many times. Brunch is our favorite. Last time we took a friend on her first visit to Portland and she really enjoyed it. We each had the 3 small plates for dinner and they were all delicious. And the price is very good too!

Visited November 2012
Luxembourg
“The most excellent and delicate balance of rich, simple flavors!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

Disclaimer: I have taken a 4 dish "sampling" order takeaway from this place. I did not eat on location.

I have had PDX native friends tell me about how "Screen Door" was one of the best establishments in the area.

Decided to try for myself, please consider that I am usually very picky.

The fried chicken in itself was perfect in every regard. I wasn't crazy about the sauces it came with (mind you, they were good, I would have just had other ones).

The beef brisket was out of this world. The cracker/pimento combo (both side dishes) was incredible.

Definite must visit. Gastronomical excellence in play.

• Visited November 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Portland, Oregon
“Southern Delight”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

My reviews are always influenced by the vegetarian choices, so we always make a meal of appetizers here as southern cooking tends to be meat based. But the veggie options are wonderful - fresh, well prepared, good service. We tend to arrive early on weeknights and never stand in the huge Sunday brunch line.

Visited October 2012
Coquitlam, Canada
“This is what real fried chicken tastes like!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012 via mobile

We had an enjoyable meal. The fried chicken was unbelievable! I have never had collard greens before and didn't really enjoy that part of the meal but the mashed potatoes were great. The portions are huge, atmosphere great and service excellent. They close early so be careful to check their hours so you don't miss out!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere