“Excellent!” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Brunch, Lunch, Reservations
Sacramento, California
“Excellent!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2012

We love the food there, have been there many times. Brunch is our favorite. Last time we took a friend on her first visit to Portland and she really enjoyed it. We each had the 3 small plates for dinner and they were all delicious. And the price is very good too!

Visited November 2012

Luxembourg
“The most excellent and delicate balance of rich, simple flavors!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

Disclaimer: I have taken a 4 dish "sampling" order takeaway from this place. I did not eat on location.

I have had PDX native friends tell me about how "Screen Door" was one of the best establishments in the area.

Decided to try for myself, please consider that I am usually very picky.

The fried chicken in itself was perfect in every regard. I wasn't crazy about the sauces it came with (mind you, they were good, I would have just had other ones).

The beef brisket was out of this world. The cracker/pimento combo (both side dishes) was incredible.

Definite must visit. Gastronomical excellence in play.

• Visited November 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Portland, Oregon
“Southern Delight”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

My reviews are always influenced by the vegetarian choices, so we always make a meal of appetizers here as southern cooking tends to be meat based. But the veggie options are wonderful - fresh, well prepared, good service. We tend to arrive early on weeknights and never stand in the huge Sunday brunch line.

Visited October 2012
Coquitlam, Canada
“This is what real fried chicken tastes like!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

We had an enjoyable meal. The fried chicken was unbelievable! I have never had collard greens before and didn't really enjoy that part of the meal but the mashed potatoes were great. The portions are huge, atmosphere great and service excellent. They close early so be careful to check their hours so you don't miss out!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
California
“HOLY COW - i mean chicken”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

We were told about Screen Door's chicken and waffles from a stranger at the farmer's market, and boy was he right. As an LA native (and faithful patron of Roscoe's), I was dubious. But Screen Door blew me away. Three HUGE pieces of delicious chicken, yummy waffle, and the most adorable waiter Clyde. Totally worth the 1 hour wait.

Visited November 2012