“Excellent wood fired pizza” 5 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #65 of 3,629 Restaurants in Portland
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine, Outdoor seating, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner
Roseburg, OR, United States
“Excellent wood fired pizza”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2013

I'm a pizza snob...I even have my own wood fired pizza oven at home...and this ranks up there with one of the best I've ever eaten. The crust is thin and crisp with a good "bite", and baked to perfection. The topping were interesting, of good quality and of the right ratio...not too heavy or light. Bonus: the oven (with a nice wood fire going inside) was visible for the seating area and added a nice ambiance to the restaurant.

• Visited November 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Portland, Oregon
“New Haven native transplanted to Portland”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2013

Got into a huge pizza discussion with a fellow Connecticutter while waiting for a table. We were hoping that Ken's was going to be as good as all of the places back home that we spent the better part of 1/2 hr reminiscing about: Pepe's, Sally's, Modern...

I was not disappointed! Had the Sopresatta pie and man was it good. Crispy thin crust, not too much sauce but plenty of bufala mozzarella and sausage. Definitely worth the wait.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Kowloon
“Still outstanding pizza”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

The sopressata and the fennel and sausage pizzas are soooo good. The crust is chewy and flavorful and makes a perfect base for the spicy and savory toppings. Yum!
Oh! Don't forget the caesar salad with the freshly made croutons and creamy dressing.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Palmer, Alaska
“Fantastic pizza!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2013

My nephew and I had the "Soppressata" pizza, which has a spicy salami on it. Yum yum yum! We ordered a second one just so that we could take some home. I am so glad I looked it up (on Tripadvisor, of course) and read the other reviews. It was truly one of the best pizzas I've ever had and I'll be returning to Ken's next time I am in Portland!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Vancouver, Washington
“Not good at accommodating big parties!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013 via mobile

We had a birthday dinner on a Sunday evening for 10. The service was good, the food was good, but it took 30 minutes for them to figure out our bill. They would not divide it up for us, asked that we write all or our names and what we ate so they could match it up to our card, and they for got to add in the 18% gratuity so we had to scrounge up some loose ends. When one of the gals realized she was over charged, they blew her off and told her to settle it up with the party. It cost them 30 minutes of time and they had many people waiting to be seated. The food definitely wasn't worth the hassle!

Visited September 2013