“Fantastic bagels and tastey sandwiches” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Kenny and Zuke's Delicatessen

Kenny and Zuke's Delicatessen
1038 Southwest Stark Street, Portland, OR 97205 (Downtown)
503-222-DELI
Cuisines: Delicatessen
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night
Neighborhood: Downtown
Seattle, Washington
“Fantastic bagels and tastey sandwiches”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

On of two locations, this location is just off Burnside Avenue's shopping district. Nice simple vibe, with extended brunch offerings and some awesome looking pastrami! Definitely a hang out for the young urban set of Portland. The chicken salad sandwich was yummy, but my brother could not stop talking about the home-made pastrami. Share a sandwich with a friend in order to save room for some awesome desserts.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Kowloon
“Really great bagels”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

I live where bagels aren't very common or very good when you can find them so I always look forward to getting some here. The service is abysmal but the location is interesting and the food is good enough that you might forgive the service.

• Visited August 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Issaquah, Washington
“Pastrami is Prevalent”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

Went for breakfast. If you like pastrami this is the place to go! With the breakfast “222” you get 2 eggs, 2 strips of pastrami and 2 latkes. Great combination and great way to start the day! Although, the latkes were deep fried and came out a little more done than I would have liked. Also, they didn’t serve apple sauce or sour cream with the latkes. Service was good, but we had to wait about 15 minutes for a table, i.e., it’s a popular place.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Seattle
“NOT FOR PHYSICALLY CHALLENGED!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

Saturday morning, Jan. 19th, I drove in from Seattle to meet my friends at KZ at 11:30. I have just returned from 4 months serving in Ethiopia. One of my friends is severely disabled; on double canes, his muscles and speech are very contracted and visibly emaciated. But your hostess was SO RUDE, she asked him for his chair, so he could not sit, she ignored our pleas to divide our group (which was 8, too large for you place without a long waiting time); and MADE US WAIT A FULL HOUR.

My friend was in obvious distress, but he was too proud to ask us to leave—although we wanted to. We remained waiting so he would not feel so badly about disrupting our reunion. Your hostess was VERY RUDE, seemed to delight in keeping us waiting, and doing an amazing power trip on my group. She completely ignored my friends disability and obvious pain. I was furious—but tried not to make a scene so as to not embarrass my friend. However, later, two of my other friends remarked they were SHOCKED by the treatment by the hostess, the 1 hour waiting time (it wasn’t that crowded; many people were seated before us); quite frankly—we were appalled by the treatment in this restaurant! I will never return—ever. NO PROVISIONS for accommodating (within reason) visibly disabled people. I remain furious by the treatment of my friend. We were suppose to have a FUN reunion at Kenny & Zukes—but turned into an embarrassing and very painful experience for all of us.

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Portland, Oregon
“All you would wish for in a deli”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

Coming to Portland from New York City, I found this deli to have all the comfort food one craves, plus a pleasant, airy, uncrowded atmosphere.

Visited August 2012