“Great Value for Money” 4 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersSilver level
Sheffield, Australia
“Great Value for Money”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

We stayed at this property during our recent trip down the west coast of the USA and were very pleasantly surprised at the quality and cleanliness of the accommodation and the friendly and professional service.
The property is located on the northern out skirts of town be easily accessible to and from the "interstates." There is also easy access to rail services which take into the heart of Portland.
If you prefer to stay closer to the hotel, there is an Elmer's restaurant 20 meters away which you will be surprised to find offers great food and drinks and very cheap prices and the staff are super friendly and efficient.
We thoroughly enjoyed our stay at this property.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
BWPortland, Front Office Manager at BEST WESTERN Inn At The Meadows, responded to this review, September 13, 2013
Hello Roydavidjones,

I am happy to see that you enjoyed our hotel. We do always try to keep the rooms in good working order and always super clean. We feel that this is one way to set our hotel apart from others. It is nice to see that you enjoyed Elmer's. That is always my number 1 suggestion for restaurants in the area. Again thank you for your stay and we hope to see you next time you are in the states.

BEST WESTERN Inn at the Meadows Staff

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (181)
Westminster, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

Eight members of the bride's family made the Best Western Inn at the Meadows our Portland base for my daughter's wedding. The Inn is situated conveniently between the airport and N Portland where my daughter lives, the room was comfortable, the staff friendly and the breakfast plentiful and fun since many of us met there each morning to go over wedding or departure plans. Thank you for a great experience.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Hello Suzann C,

It was our pleasure having the wedding guests at the hotel. We always like having guests stay at the hotel for weddings as everyone is always so happy and cheerful. I am glad to see that our hotel's access to the freeway and the train station was convenient for the wedding party. We hope that you and your guests visit us again.

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2013

This will now be my new home away from home! I travel to and from Portland quite often and was looking for a new hotel to stay at and they have WON my business! The ENTIRE staff from front desk to housekeeping to maintenance is so out going and friendly that it blows my mind. I travel for work M-F for a living and so many hotels should learn from there staff! It makes a big difference!
Very close walking distance to the light rail that will take you downtown! Book ahead cuz this place is very popular! That's the only problem that I would have! LOL

Room Tip: all rooms seem good to me
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Hello Brent S,

I am so happy to see that our hotel has become your home away from home while you are in Portland on business. We all like to see familiar faces at the hotel as it shows we are providing great customer service and great accommodations. Thank you for your kind words and let us know if we can do anything else for you next time you stay with us.

Tucson, AZ
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013

Clean and comfortable hotel, with a continental breakfast. The room was large and well appointed with a refrigerator and microwave plus DirecTV. We did not use the pool. The continental breakfast included eggs, sausage, potatoes, cereal, oatmeal, breads, pancakes, yogurt, and fruit.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Hello Slstoll,

It was a pleasure for us to have you as a guest at the hotel. We are happy to see that you had a great stay. We are glad that you enjoyed our room amenities like the fridge, microwave, and flat screen TV with DirectTV. I will let the housekeeping staff know that they are doing a great job keeping the rooms clean and let the breakfast attendants know they did a great job as well. We hope to see you next time you are in Portland.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013 via mobile

So I have stayed here several times over the past 3 years and the rooms are clean, the beds comfortable. But if you want to have a chair to sit in that isn't an office or dinner table style you are out of luck. What happened to the comfy chairs the rooms used to have. Also, TV sits to low to enjoy it from bed. The ladies working the breakfast area deserve a big thank you. Awsome at keeping all the food stocked.

• Stayed September 2013
Hello Ptmama65,

Thank you for your loyalty and your recent stays. It is always nice to see familiar faces. I am sorry that there was not a lounge chair in your room. I will check to see why there was not one in there during your stay. I will be letting the breakfast staff know what a great job you thought they were doing. Again thank you for your loyalty and we will be working to make sure your future stays are GREAT not good.

Carmichael, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013 via mobile

This best western is easy to get to and a great value. Friendly personal desk staff, clean roomy room with small fridge and comfortable beds. Included is a good breakfast with eggs, waffles etc. less than 10 minutes from the University of Portland.

• Stayed August 2013
BWPortland, Front Office Manager at BEST WESTERN Inn At The Meadows, responded to this review, September 10, 2014
Hi Joy,

Thank you for staying with us. We try really hard to have a really nice hotel and have excellent staff. We try to have a little bit of everything in our breakfast so our guest can have something nice to eat every morning. We do thank for your stay and hope to see you again.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013 via mobile

Although this hotel has been remodeled it is apparent that it is an old hotel that could still use quite a bit of work. The hallways are dingy and the area surrounding the hotel is overgrown and not maintained. My main frustration with my stay is the pet policy. When calling, I was informed that pets were allowed for a fee of $20 a night. Upon check in I was asked to initial a form stating that if I left my dogs alone in the room, animal services would be contacted and they would be confiscated. Although the gentleman who was checking me in was very nice, I was exceedingly uncomfortable with the parameters set forth and had I been properly informed I would have chosen an alternate hotel. I was unable to cancel my reservation and placed in a room next to the lobby and breakfast area which proved to be exceptionally loud throughout the day. I believe there were children staying in the room above us that were stomping on the floor, which began at about 6 am and continued until after midnight. Every noise was perceptible from the stomping to a toilet flush, which made the price of the hotel feel grossly outlandish.
The pros: dog park with in a few blocks- the rooms were designed well with modern decor decor, and the staff was very friendly.

• Stayed September 2013
BWPortland, Public Relations Manager at BEST WESTERN Inn At The Meadows, responded to this review, September 13, 2013
Hello Alletse,

Thank you for your stay and your review. I will be looking into why the pet form is worded that way. I have been with the hotel for over five years and we have never called animal control on a pet. We would just require the pet to be kenneled if you are going to be gone for the day. I am sorry if this wording offended you. We always like to have guests and their pets stay with us.

BEST WESTERN Inn at the Meadows Staff

Been to BEST WESTERN Inn At The Meadows? Share your experiences!