“Another good Best Western hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Stay 2X get $50 gift card
Ranked #18 of 133 Hotels in Portland
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Hilo, HI
“Another good Best Western hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2006

Since the flight to our neck of the woods requires us to be at Portland International by 6:00 am, we opt to spend our last night near the airport so we don't have to get up too early or fight traffic. Our last stay at the Pony Soldier Inn was in Nov 2005. The desk staff are efficient, courteous, and friendly. Check in and check out are done fast. During a previous stay, we were upgraded to a suite. The rooms are spacious, clean, well-maintained as we come to expect from Best Western. The beds were very comfortable; so was the temperature control. Their breakfast bar is good - open & stocked early enough even for our circumstances. The drive to the airport is an easy cruise from the hotel. We plan to use this hotel whenever we fly out of PDX.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (82)
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2005

This place has all the important stuff: free continental breakfast, restaurant next door, free parking, free 24 hr airport shuttle, free computer with high speed internet in the lobby, free coffee 24/7, free laundry facility (just pay for soap), and best of all...it's very clean. In fact, it's the cleanest hotel I have ever stayed in. Five stars ***** for cleanliness and I'm pretty fussy. I stayed 5 nights in a suite room that had a king size bed, 27 inch tv w/free HBO, microwave, fridge, and a shower/tub with a better quality showerhead. The design of the room was great also, lots of room to move around. The light rail, which runs every 15 minutes, is easily accessible and about a 10 minute walk from the hotel. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed November 2005
Vancouver, WA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2005

My elderly parents needed to stay close to a medical appointment so I drove to Portland and checked out this hotel. The staff at the desk seemed friendly and accomodating. I paid for the room on the internet. When my parents arrived they were told the reservation had been cancelled. The desk couldn't explain why and refused to let them use their phone. My parents had to drive an extra 50 miles to contact me. I called the hotel and after LOTS OF the run around...they found the reservation. The hotel did upgrade their room. My folks enjoyed the room but never did get an apology from the staff. Needless to say none of us slept well that night because we were so upset. I wouldn't send my worst enemy to this hotel and certainly not someone who needs kindness and understanding due to advanced age!

Stayed February 2005
Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2004

The Pony Solider is a nice, clean convenient hotel located just off the freeway (I-205) and a short walk to Portland's great light rail system (TriMet). I stayed just one night on a business trip, but had time to enjoy the courtyard outdoor pool and the satisfying breakfast buffet in the morning. There appeared to be many families using the hotel as a base of operations while visiting the area.

Been to BEST WESTERN Pony Soldier Inn - Airport? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about BEST WESTERN Pony Soldier Inn - Airport

Address: 9901 Northeast Sandy Boulevard, Portland, OR 97220
Location: United States > Oregon > Portland
Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Restaurant Room Service Shuttle Bus service Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
#11 Best Value Hotel in Portland
#15 Family Hotel in Portland
#16 Romantic Hotel in Portland
#17 Business Hotel in Portland
Hotel Class:2.5 star — BEST WESTERN Pony Soldier Inn - Airport 2.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Despegar.com, Hotels.com and Cheap Tickets so you can book your BEST WESTERN Pony Soldier Inn - Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Best Western Pony Soldier Inn-Airport Hotel Portland
Best Western Portland
Portland Best Western

If you own or manage BEST WESTERN Pony Soldier Inn - Airport, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.