“Delicious” 5 of 5 stars

(503) 546-8796
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Le Pigeon is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #15 of 3,687 Restaurants in Portland
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: French, American, International
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Dessert, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: 8th Avenue
Transit: #12 and #20 buses.
Cambridge, Massachusetts
“Delicious”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2014

Amazing restaurant.
The oysters with truffle is divine!

The only problem is to share the table, that's why we asked a place near the window, so we could have more privacy.

• Visited May 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Redondo Beach, California
“Lovely food and service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

It's a very nice spot. The food is delicious and the wine list is lovely and eclectic. The thing about the place is that you're expecting a transporting dining experience for how much you hear about it. I wouldn't say that I was transported to anywhere other than a funny location on Burnside in Portland. The communal dining is ok with me, not my favorite, but ok. The food again, is delicious, but not something that screams, I have to have it again now!!! Perhaps worth a visit. It's not cheap.

• Visited June 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Huntington Beach, California, United States
“fancy ;)”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

Seriously though, I'm not rich so excuse me for underestimating portion sizes... but the food was EXQUISITE and I'm glad I got to be a part of the culinary journey! XOXO

For more tips of cool stuff to do in PDX, check out my blog post: “What to do in Portland if you only have one weekend” you’ll love it. >> http://itsalisa.com/2014/03/07/things-to-do-in-portland/ :)

Visited September 2013
Utrecht, The Netherlands
“a bit dissappointing”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2014

I wouldn't rate it as average or very good, just good would be my choice. It was a highly recommended restaurant. very small, you have to sit with onther people on a long table. Sometimes that would bother me, this time it was quite pleasant, we had some nice chats with the other customers. It was hit or miss with some of the dishes. The Halibut was a very good dish.

Visited May 2014
Maryland
“Gem of a restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2014

We could only get 5:15 pm reservation and were leery of eating dinner that early. But it was well worth it!!!!!! The food was extraordinary. We chose the 5 course tasting menu with wine pairings. Even though the courses were the choice of the chef, they asked if there was anything in particular we would want them to include. We asked them to include any of the Foie gras dishes...they kindly accommodated this. The dessert with Foie gras ice cream was amazing! The service was spot on. The wine pairings were innovative and enhanced each dish. I wish this restaurant was here in the DC area...we loved it!

• Visited June 2014