“A very nice 5 night stay ...” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points
Ranked #54 of 133 Hotels in Portland
Seattle
“A very nice 5 night stay ...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012

We had a very nice stay in a two bedroom suite for the price one usually spends for a regular motel room. The suite was very clean, and it was nice to have two bathrooms and a full kitchen with a full size refrigerator . All of the staff was very nice.

There was a better than normal breakfast buffet and the evening social (drinks and meal of the day) helped us save even more money. The free wireless was sufficient ... not lighting fast, but fast enough. It was also nice to have washer & dryer on the same floor.

Having said all that, I do agree with some reviewers that mentioned the facility is starting to show its age. But taking everything into consideration, it was not enough to bother me at all.

Room Tip: If you prefer a quiet room, ask for a rooms facing east, away from the on-ramp to I-5. I've stay...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Denver, Colorado
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2012

I usually stay at the Courtyard across the street but made a mistake with a reservation and ended up here. I hope I never make this mistake again. First the hotel is very outdated, starting from the old TVs to the decor. My bedroom was so small that I could barely make it around my bed. Second my AC never worked properly, I never could get my room to the desired temperature. Third, my room view was the highway which was literally right outside my window. I stayed 2 nights and didn’t get any sleep with all the street noise and the temperature in the room. I don’t mean to be so picky but I stay in the hotels every week and if this is how they treat their platinum members they will never get any return business. I will never stay here again, Courtyard is so much better.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Collierville, Tennessee
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2012

I really would like to give this hotel a better rating because of how the check in was handled. We arrived early and they allowed us to check in, which was a big help. They gave us information about the light rail system at the Expo Center and how to walk there (about .5 a mile). We had a 2-BR suite which was clean and comfortable.

The complaint is that we were there on a weekend and there was a sports team staying there. We understand that teenagers will be loud and boisterous, so we tried to stay out of their way, not a problem. We were told that breakfast on Sunday morning would be at 7AM. When we got there at 7AM, the whole sports team had evidently been there for quite some time - there were quite a few of the selections that were no longer available. We would have liked to have started our day earlier but we weren't told about the earlier option, and as a result didn't have some of the selection available earlier. Not a big deal, but it would have been considerate to let us know about the earlier option.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
castro valey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2012

How lucky do you have to be to have lost your wallet (with all your cash and credit cards) in the middle of your vacation – and get it back! I did – thanks to the honesty of Derrick at the front desk! This experience alone is enough to give this place the highest rating! Never mind that it is definitely a bargain and well suited for a family vacation. The rooms are well equipped with home style amenities. And the breakfast is great! Thank you also for the person who turned in my wallet to the front desk. We will be back!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Seattle
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2012

When we travel we make almost all of our food due to allergies. The room was well equipped and had a apartment size fridge which gave me more than enough space and room to work. We both slept the best we have ever slept in a hotel on the bed - very comfortable. Front desk was very helpful and cooperative. We checked in right at a shift change and a employee with coat in hand stopped to help the person on the desk as she was catching phones. He checked us in while she was helping a caller, then passed us over to her when she was ready. Excellent customer service throughout the weekend, as well.

Note on driving up to the hotel. The front door is not obvious the first time. It is out on N Anchor Way and there is a small Residence Inn sign with a strip of load/unload parking on the south side of the street in front of the door. There are several other hotels in close together here and I think leads to a bit of confusion at first, but my husband saw it right away, I was the only one confused:-) I found the parking over the weekend excellent, and we could park right near the stairwell to our apartment no matter how late we arrived back at the hotel.

A+ from us! We will definately be back!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Roy
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2012

The room was quiet and comfortable. The bed was amazing, couldn't beleive how comfortable it was. The A/C worked nice. Breakfast was atually better than other Residence Inns I've stayed at but still a hotel breakfast. The parking seemed limmited but I never had an issue finding a spot to park although the stalls are kinda small. I liked that it was within walking distance to the MAX when going on the brewery tours. The staff was the best part, very helpful on choosing restaurants even offering to book our brewery tour for us. Giving ideas on things to do and see. Even when we got home and noticed a mistake on our bill a quick phone call cleared it right up and the credit was there the next day. I would stay here again if given the opportunity.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

I stayed here for a class I was attending. Due to many classes being held, I found it somewhat difficult to park. The room was clean and nice - and a little less expensive than the courtyard by Marriot right across the street. The funny thing was that I was a couple days and this hotel did not have diet soda! They didn't have it thru banquet services (responsible for serving the class) so I went out to the lobby to purchase a diet soda -None to be found! You would think they could negotiate with the sister Marriott across the street when they run out of things.

• Stayed June 2012

Been to Residence Inn Portland North Harbor? Share your experiences!