“Nice shady park between two small streets” 4 of 5 stars
Review of South Park Blocks

South Park Blocks
Southwest Park Avenue, Portland, OR 97201 (Downtown)
503 823 2223
Downtown Portland Bike Tour
Ranked #163 of 586 things to do in Portland
Leverkusen
65 attraction reviews
“Nice shady park between two small streets”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2012

We had been lucky to see a motor show the day we visited the South Park Blocks.
The Park was well maintained, with trees and flowers. We liked the statue "Theodore Roosevelt - Rough Rider" and the First Congregational Church (seen from the outside).
There are much more sculptures to visit and it´s fun to walk along.
We had been too late to visit the Portland Farmer´s Market (Saturday 8.30 am - 2 p.m.) between SW Hall and Montgomery. Perhaps next time!

Visited September 2011

Vancouver, Washington
22 attraction reviews
“Just a street”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2012

They just a few streets with some benches in the middle... nothing special...

san diego
57 attraction reviews
“My Secret Garden”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2006

The South Park Blocks aren't a tourist attraction in the strictest sense, but they're one of the parts of Portland that I remember most fondly. The park itself is pretty much just a standard city park: grass, trees, flowers,benches, a statue or two. It was the park's entire setting, the overall milieu, so to speak-----geez, this sounds pretentious-----that charmed me. The park is only one block wide and about six blocks long. Along it's lengthwise sides it's lined with a number of handsome old apartment buildings, as well as churches, a museum and I-don't-remember-what-all. (It's been a while since I was there.) It kind of reminded me of New York's Central Park, but in miniature. A bit of (carefully tended) nature in the heart ot the city. There are coffeehouses, cafes and small stores located on the ground floor of a number of the apartment houses, giving the streets a certain vitality. Maybe it's a better neighborhood for living than for visiting. I guess I wouldn't go out of my way to see it, but if you're in downtown Portland there's a good chance you'll be passing through it anyway. You might want to linger for a bit.