“superb every time” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Meriwether's Restaurant

Meriwether's Restaurant
2601 NW Vaughn St, Portland, OR 97210-2223 (Northwest District)
503-228-1250
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Meriwether's Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #136 of 3,627 Restaurants in Portland
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romance, Local cuisine, Outdoor seating, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Northwest District
Transit: Tri-Met bus lines 15,17 and 77
Portland, Oregon
“superb every time”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2012

I have been to this restaurant repeatedly for business lunchs and every time I am impressed. The food is local and most grown on their own farm. The preparations are innovative and delicious. The only issue is that occasionally the service is uneven---- abrupt and or inattentive... The setting in the warmer season outside is really special-- the garden is so lovely.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

San Francisco
“Rather Blah Lunch”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2012

The small BLT was made with cheap bread from the supermarket shelf and uninspiring tomatoes. My wife's shrimp sandwich had a cheese crust that had solidified and was cold. There seemed to be an over-the-top determination to make everything on her plate hot and spicy. Service and ambiance were fine but the food quality did not justify the price. We would have eaten better at Subway for $10.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Seaside, Oregon
“Class Act from start to finish.....”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2012

Every member of staff we encountered from reservation to table were genuine and professional. We were seated by the fireplace and enjoyed the choices on their ever changing menu. Many of their vegetables are grown at their farm not too far away. I chose the pork shoulder in mole sauce over black rice. This dish was superb and the mole was by far the best I have had. The bread and pickled root vegetables they bring prior to the meal were very enjoyable and roasted to perfection. The pace and attentiveness of our server was very comfortable and I cannot wait to dine there again.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Cottage Grove
“Great atmosphere and earthy food choices”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2012

This is a great little restaurant. I ate here while in Portland on a business trip. It was a few blocks from my hotel. I ate out on the patio which was gorgeous. The inside was very nice, too. The wait staff turned on the heat lamps and brought me a blanket because there was a slight chill in the air. The food was very delicious. The waiter recommended some starters that were tapas style. All very good choices. And for dinner I had the Crab Risotto which was exceptional. I would definitely return to this restaurant when in town again.

Visited September 2012
Salem, Oregon
“pretty good lunch, just a bit spendy”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2012

I had lunch here recently with a few friends. It was my first time. The first day of fall, and too cool and cloudy to sit outside. I enjoyed the inside atmosphere - small rooms up and down steps.

We all enjoyed our lunches. I had the Albacore tuna sandwich on Ciabatta. The tuna was delicious, though a little too dressed. I like mine with mostly tuna and just enough dressing to hold it together. The dressing tasted like good quality mayo with red bell pepper mashed into it. It was topped with slices of red bell and hard boiled egg. The combination was quite tasty and I chose the greens, which was a nice combination of fresh greens.

All the lunch items ranged from $8 for a cup of soup to $16 entrees. A little spendy, but not outrageous. The wait staff were friendly and prompt. I would go again.

• Visited September 2012