“The best teriyaki chicken I've ever had” 5 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #849 of 3,629 Restaurants in Portland
Cuisines: Japanese
Good for: Dining on a budget
Dining options: Lunch
Portland, Oregon
“The best teriyaki chicken I've ever had”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2012

I think the teriyaki chicken at Du's is just incredible. I've also tried the beef and pork, and while those are good too, the chicken is the best in my opinion. Their teriyaki sauce is delicious, as is the salad dressing. You can smell this place as you're driving by as they are constantly grilling. It's small, with zero atmosphere, but I don't care since the food is so good, and I usually order food to go. Their yakisoba with chicken is also very good. However, if you douse it with teriyaki sauce, refrigerate it for a day, and then stir fry it to heat it back up it is simply amazing. That day in the fridge allows time for the sauce to seep into the noodles, and wow! The only thing that I have a real problem with is that they aren't open on the weekend.

• Visited August 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Portland OR
“Neighborhood haunt”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2012

My teen daughter likes it much more than I do. It is a good value, close to home, and I do like their salad dressing. I'm just not all that excited about teriyaki chicken, but my girl absolutely loves it.

Visited January 2012
London, United Kingdom
“Ignore the decor or the lack of pretentiousness....soo good.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2012

I first tried Du's Grill teriyaki chicken in 2006 and probably have eaten there about fifty times since there.

It's delicious. The teriyaki sauce is thick and rich over a tasty, legitimately grilled chicken. The mixing of poppyseed dressing and teriyaki in my rice tastes so good.

The decor? Minimal. The size? Absolutely tiny and you better play your cards right during the lunch rush.

But it's worth it. When I visit, I buy two teriyaki sauce bottles and take them back. internationally. because it's that good. I'm running out at this point, and thankfully, I return in a couple of weeks.

Yum yum, eat it up. Have some kim chi while you're at it.

• Visited July 2011
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Portland, Maine
“best in the city”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2011

the teriyaki and rice and the yakisoba noodles are excellent and you get a lot of food that is fresh and high quality for a good price. My sister in law and then some people at work told me about Du's 10 years ago, I've been hooked ever since. And the salad dressing is THE BEST IN THE WORLD, the reason I started eating a salad every day again. Try it, you will love it!

• Visited March 2011
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Sun Valley, ID
“Awesome every time!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2011

This is a no frills place with incredible food...and very consistent! I love it. I always get the teriyaki chicken, and it comes with rice and salad. The portions are huge, so there is always leftover for the next day.
Careful-they aren't open on weekends, so you can only get the good stuff Monday through Friday!

• Visited February 2011