“Best pizza in Portland” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Escape From New York Pizza

Escape From New York Pizza
622 NW 23rd Ave, Portland, OR 97210-3209 (Northwest District)
503-227-5423
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #464 of 3,687 Restaurants in Portland
Cuisines: Pizza
Good for: Dining on a budget
Dining options: Lunch, Outdoor Seating
Neighborhood: Northwest District
Medford, Oregon
“Best pizza in Portland”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2012

Pizza by the slice. Best pizza in Portland, Oregon with lots of New York attitude.

• Visited May 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Portland, Oregon
“Our pizza place in Portland”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2012

I know that pizza can be very subjective - there are so many different takes on sauce, different types of pepperoni & ways of doing other meat & veggie toppings and, of course, many different styles/types of crust. That said, Escape just does it the way we like it - sauce so delicious I wish I could order it as a beverage (or at least in a jar to go), a crust that's both crispy and tender, not too thick & not too thin, and pepperoni that's not too greasy with just the right amount of kick. The only reason I didn't give 5 stars is that, for those of us who usually dine in, there are precious few tables for larger parties - most of the seating is a long, narrow bar against the long wall.

• Visited April 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Portland, OR
“Good Pizza, little spendy and no soda refills”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2012

I loved this pizza, it was a great new york style pizza! I am more of a whole pizza kind of guy so the pizza was a little spendy but I guess that's what getting pizza by the slice is for. Unlike most restaurants, Escape From New York Pizza sells soda but doesn't offer free refills, you just have to buy another soda in that case which I was slightly disappointed about.

I'm hearing about rude service, that may be true but when I came here on March 26, 2012 at about 6pm, I thought the two guys working there were nice enough and gave me great service during my dinner here.

I think this is definitely worth coming back to

Visited March 2012
“New York attitude served with every slice.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2012

I've been going to this pizza place since before NW 23rd became trendy-third. You can buy a large slice of pizza and a soda for a very reasonable price. They have 3 types to choose from: cheese, pepperoni, and pizza of the day. If you want something else, you have to order a whole pie. Because the selection is deliberately limited, you generally don't have to wait very long if ordering by the slice. Soda from the fountain or choose a beverage from refrigerator case. Cash or local checks only.

• Visited April 2011
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Medford, Oregon
“Portland Weekend”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2012

This pizza is so good! My husband says it's not quite as NY thin as it could be but otherwise a pretty close to NY slice!

Visited January 2012