“Pleasant surprise” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Lake Oswego, Oregon
“Pleasant surprise”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

This place looks like a great place for sandwiches--but it is a lot more and I was pleasantly surprised. I had a blackened chicken sandwich and a great crisp salad--but I was intrigued by many of the other items on the menu. So I will be back.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Kitchener, Canada
“Great food and atmosphere!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

We had dinner our second night in Portland at Milo's and I can definitely recommend it. They have a great selection of local draught beers, and their menu is excellent. I had a flatiron steak with vegetables that was perfectly done and mouthwateringly good. I've paid much more to get a steak of this quality. My partner had a vegetarian selection that was also excellent. The staff was very friendly and attentive and the atmosphere was great. Highly recommended!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Corpus Christi
“Can't do any better than this!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

I had breakfast at Milo's and like other posters here went with the Eggs Benedict. Superb presentation, excellent meal and for a very reasonable price. The staff is friendly yet not obtrusive and keeping my coffee toppped off without me asking was appreciated.
Portland is full of excellent food purveyors and this is one of the best.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
West Des Moines, Iowa, United States
“Delicious food, excellent service, reasonable prices”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

We went to Milo's after a long weekend day in the city, looking for a place to just rest our feet and get a decent dinner. We had hit up several places prior to arriving at Milo's and found either 2 hour waits or menus that were incredibly complex and/or expensive. We wanted simple but quality food at a reasonable price and found it-without a wait-at Milo's.

The menu was fairly extensive, with options from pasta to sandwiches and several vegetarian selections. Several adventurous, unique creations on the menu, but still accessible and unpretentious. Price points ranged from $9.50 for a burger to $19.95 for filet mignon. We had seen similar offerings on several other menus that cost 20-75% more. I went with a hot vegetarian sandwich and my fiance had a burger and both were fresh, tasty and more than large enough to take home leftovers. My fiance enjoyed his burger and thought the cheese options were unique: bleu, cheddar or gorgonzola. The fries that came with both were clearly hand cut and very good-thin, just as I like them!

The place has a comfortable, yet upscale feel, with an open grill area manned by chefs in white coats. There's a counter with bar stools and also tables covered in nice linens. It's a mix of casual and elegant and it's done quite well, so that you'd feel equally at home walking in wearing jeans or a dress. Our server was friendly and quick, though we waited about 10 minutes after being seated for her to acknowledge our presence-she was busy with a large party. Fortunately, a runner got us menus, water and silverware. To make up for the initial snub, she brought us complimentary sourdough (comes free with large plate meals, but we both only ordered sandwiches) and the soup of the day, which totally worked! Drinks were always kept full and the food arrived quickly.

Milo's provides delicious, creative food that is still casual and reasonably priced in a comfortable, eclectic environment. When you're not looking for fast food but not looking to make reservations 3 weeks in advance and pay through the nose, Milo's in an excellent choice.

• Visited October 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Yosemite National Park, California
“Eggs Benedict”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2012

We were recommended this place by a friend of my husband, who used to live in Portland. There are several versions available of Eggs Benedict, even for lunch, and we tried the crab cakes for him and a bacon&tomato one for me. We also tried both the soups available. The patiently waited for our friends, Travis&Amanda, to arrive (hamburger & vegetarian Eggs Benedict). Yum, all the way around.

Visited October 2012