“Outstanding lunch” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Mother's Bistro & Bar

Mother's Bistro & Bar
212 SW Stark St, Portland, OR 97204-2603 (Downtown)
503-464-1122
Neighborhood: Downtown
Vancouver, Canada
“Outstanding lunch”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

Got a parking out front on a wednesday afternoon and walked in to a half full diningroom. Excellent service and a delicious sandwich. I had the shrimp on brioche and my friend had the roast pork and we split them. Not the best fries ever but ok. Good coffee - lovely room - good lunch

Visited July 2013

• Chinese (Traditional) first
San Francisco, California
“Lived up to its reputation.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013 via mobile

So I called on Thursday for a brunch reservation on Sunday, and all that was available was 8:00 am. Frustrating but a good sign. We arrived in Portland Friday night late, and thought we would check it out for dinner as it was close to our hotel. When we arrived at 9:00 pm they asked if we had a reservation (no) and offered to seat us in the bar, after a minimum of pleading they found a great table in the restaurant. The rest of the night was very memorable. One of our traveling companions has gluten and dairy allergies and the staff was great at guiding her through the menu. We had the white sangria muddled with peaches ( great! ) a fantastic Malbec, possibly one of the best crab cakes on the west coast ( small ) and great comfort food entrees ( meatloaf and chicken & dumplings were the two standouts.) And then because we were on vacation, the chocolate fudge layer cake.. Incredible. We did not keep the Sunday 8:00 am reservation (who was I kidding we would get up that early) but it is on our list for the next trip back to Portland... I will call earlier next time.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Tucson, Arizona, United States
“Call Your Mother”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

Had a wonderful Sunday breakfast in Portland at Mother's bistro. I ordered the Greek Frittata. It was awesome. I sat at the counter in the Velvet room.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Saint Augustine Beach, Florida
“Its ok”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013

We had a 30 min wait, which I share only to illustrate that this place is popular. In my opinion, the menu was limited, and of average quality. I got the scramble with cheese and sausage. It comes with potatoes and toast. It was good, but nothing special. My wife got a has with salmon, and it was as bad as you would expect. Overall, every meal I ate in Portland at a restaurant, I regretted not eating at a food truck.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Wonderful breakfast spot”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013

We were in town for a weekend and ate breakfast here twice. Both times the service was great and the food creative, fresh and tasty. We ordered items off of the regular menu and off the specials of the day and were not disappointed in any of our selections. They also offer a nice selection of coffees and teas. The second morning was a Saturday and we went without a reservation and waited about 10 minutes or so for a table. I would recommend reservations on the weekend, especially if you are a party of more than two.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere