“The best breakfast in portland!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Mother's Bistro & Bar

Mother's Bistro & Bar
212 SW Stark St, Portland, OR 97204-2603 (Downtown)
503-464-1122
Cuisines: American, Dessert, Californian
Good for: Local cuisine
Neighborhood: Downtown
Austin, Texas
“The best breakfast in portland!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

throughly hungover I wandered in and I was so pleased. My french toast was perfect, the bacon was incredible and I didn't want to leave I was so full! This place is the best. Yum!

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Des Moines, Iowa, United States
“Are you looking for a great breakfast?”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

Because Mother's Bistro is the place to go if so. It was mid week and our breakfast starts later in the day so we arrived at about 1:30, to our surprise there was no line and only a few other guests in the dining room. Breakfast is served up until 2:30pm as is the lunch menu. The biscuits and gravy were phenomenal - soft but not mushy, fluffy and light but packed with flavor, sweet but salted just right. Yum. Anyway, our food came out promptly and the service was very friendly. We even got a nice little treat of a free cookie. Since we were only in Portland for a few days we went back the next day to enjoy a plentiful breakfast before a hefty hike to which I noticed they give out postcards in the bill. The price during breakfast/lunch is not bad at all especially being such great quality. The decor & music provide a calm atmosphere. Mother's Bistro is a must.

Brooklyn
“Great food, great service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

My wife and I visited Portland recently and decided to stop in to Mother's one day for breakfast. I would recommend getting there early, or you will potentially face a line and a wait due to its popularity. We only went there once, but the food was outstanding. I had a spinach and egg scramble and my wife had the waffle special with real maple syrup. The service was friendly and attentive, and the cost was inexpensive.

We would highly recommend a visit if you're looking for a sit-down breakfast spot.

Seattle, Washington
“THE Brunch Place in Portland”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

First of all, love the whole "we text when your table is ready" thing - makes things soo much easier. The atmosphere is much like being at Grandma's but with a very cool and airly vibe - tall ceilings and brick along with ornate black and gold wallpaper, and upholstery. The crystal chandeliers - very chic. Now, for the food - we ordered three things: a stuffed fritatta - which was very good, very filling, and came with a VERY large biscuit. We had an order of the special blood orange, dried cranberry and walnut pancakes which were very moist and my favorite. What I loved was that the butter came separately so I could add in what I wanted and no more. Lastly, we had eggs benedict, which was declared to be "average". Best part there was it came with their amazing potatoes, which as perfectly seasoned. Drink wise, the bloody mary fell short, while the hot toddy was quite tasty.

Service was good - recommendations were good ones - and Mother's is my new favorite Portland spot.

• 4 of 5 stars Food
Michigan
“It's true”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

We could not get to a recommended food cart while we were in the area so we found Mother's on tripadvisor. Had sunny brunch specials that were great. Great food for the price paid. Our 45 minute wait for a table was well worth it.

Visited March 2013