“Aloha Portland!” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
tucson az
“Aloha Portland!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2014

Located on a little side street in a beautiful part of Portland is Hawaii's 10th island (after Las Vegas). The food here is great. We had Kalbi ribs, the mahi mahi sandwich, and kailua pork with the usual sides of mac salad and rice. Can I just say that I love Kalbi ribs and these are some of the best I've ever had! The portions were huge for a very reasonable price. They come in small medium and large. Don't get anything larger than small unless you brought an army of friends to share with or want take out for a week. We loved all of it! This is the best Hawaiian food on the mainland folks. The decor and the aloha added to my happy illusion that I was in Hawaii. They have a diverse menu, live music in the evenings and they cater too. Mahalo nui Kai for the great service and for taking the time to talk with us.

• Visited May 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Eagle, Idaho
“Good Hawaiian food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2014

My friend loves this place and has been after us for us to try it some did today. Very food Hawaiian foods , nice size servings and the food is just like Hawaii , if you like Hawaiian food you will love this place .
Mike

• Visited May 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Off the beaten path but worth the search...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2014

Had lunch with friends who had been before. Waiter was so friendly and helpful. Ordered Mai tais enjoyed ..even tho not served in a fancy glass. Pork Kailua plate ..yummy good and small portion was huge! Loco moco was very good as well.
Best part was talking story with our waiter...learned about poke and hawaiian drinks and more...
Menu is Prue Hawaiian plate lunches that the locals love and I do too!

• Visited January 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Eugene, Oregon
“It's just about as good as Maui!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2014

I had a friend that was a patient at OHSU several years ago. I offered to come up from Eugene and bring him some "non-hospital" food. I found this cute little restaurant on our beloved Yelp. Needless to say, he loved it.

Time has brought change in my life and I moved to PDX several months ago. I never forgot Bamboo Grill and realized that I pass by it daily.

I was actually looking for Here We Go Again Friday night and saw that Bamboo Grill was literally next door.

I stopped and was greeted by a very nice young lady and perused the menu for something to take home for dinner. It would have only been ten minutes if I wouldn't have asked for a few extra minutes at HWGA.

Upon my return, I found my order ready and was on my way. I ordered the Rib Sampler and a pulled pork dinner, that includes rice and yummy mac salad.

I think my bill was $20 or so. The manfolk and I really enjoyed our dinner and still have leftovers, even though we shared our order.

I'm not a fan of many Hawaiian food on the main island but I will definitely be back to the BG. It tastes like the food on Maui, really!

Even though I didn't eat in the restaurant, I'm sure that the service would be great. They were doing a good amount of business when I was in but it was still a relaxing environment.

BG is a little off the beaten track (Macadam) but worth tracking them down.

If you want the real Hawaiian experience, have the Moco Loco. Yikes, a heart attack on a plate.

• Visited January 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Oregon City, Oregon
“Great food with grumpy service”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2014

We found that we got good portions of good food at good prices, but none of that seemed worth it when it came with grumpy service. Both the server and the owner seemed to be in bad moods from the start, and from nothing we did. Maybe it was just the day we visited, but I don't think we'll be back regardless of the pluses.

• Visited December 2013