“Best Mexican Food in Portland” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Mexican, Bar
Good for: Outdoor seating
Good for: Outdoor seating
Portland, Oregon
“Best Mexican Food in Portland”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

My boyfriend and I visit La Costita almost once a week. The food is authentic and delicious and the staff is INCREDIBLE! They are super friendly and always remember us and try to meet our preferences. The food is wholesome and isn't all greasy and Americanized and the drinks are generous! We love this place and even after moving this summer we plan to make the drive to Costita!!!

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Portland, Oregon
“More than your typical Mexican food restaurant”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2012

This is not your typical Mexican food restaurant. There are regional dishes that I have never had any where else. Unusual sauces, huge portions (be prepare for leftovers) and good service. They usually have daily specials. Lots of parking.

Visited July 2012
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“I've never had to wait for a table or for service. Their La Costita salad is the best! Even though it's not on the...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2008

I've never had to wait for a table or for service. Their La Costita salad is the best! Even though it's not on the menu. I don't have words for any other dishes because the La Costita salad is the only reason I go here. Their deep fried ice cream is good, too.

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“This place isn't bad, just don't get the ground beef. Shredded beef taco is pretty solid though.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2008

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“Food wasn't good, service was very good. I wouldn't come back here.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2007

Food wasn't good, service was very good. I wouldn't come back here.