“Will come Back!!!” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
vancouver, WA
“Will come Back!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2010

There are some really conflicting reviews on this place. On yelp it has 4 stars and on Trip Advisor it only has 2 ½ stars. I give it 5 stars!

We had a large group (8) people going out to dinner. (My family came into town) we all wanted Italian, So instead of going the usual route: Olive garden or the spaghetti factory. We decided to try something new. We wanted something affordable and family friendly.
After reading the reviews on Yelp, we decided to go for it. We made a reservation for a Thursday night for 6:30pm.

We came around 6:35. The parking lot was full, but we managed to find a parking space.
There were a lot of people waiting for a table, but since we had a reservation.. They whisked us away to a huge leather booth.

The service was amazing. The waitress came to check on us so many times that I lost track. The food was unbelievably good!

The portions are really big, so some of us decided to split the entrees. We still each got a soup/salad/ice cream for no additional cost

I had the minestrone soup, which was 10 times better then olive gardens!! There garlic/cheese bread was delicious.. The server kept bringing us more and more.
And I had the Alfredo Pollo which I split with my sister. It was so good!! (grilled chicken, onions, bell peppers, mushrooms and tomatoes in a creamy alfredo sauce)

I am a pasta lover… So for those days when I want pasta.. We will defiantly come back here. Or on a cold/rainy Portland day we will come here for a bowl of there yummy minestrone soup and garlic/cheese bread.

“Worst dining experience I have ever had...”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2010

Worst dining experience I have ever had, and then to top it off they had my car towed, with my dog in it! I will NEVER return!

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Puerto Vallarta, Mexico
“Terrible food in a pleasant setting”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2010

We chose this restaurant because of its proximity to the elderly relative we were visting. The interior is very pleasant, having apparently been updated in recent years. The food was really awful. They offer a few pastas as "small dinners" but it comes with soup or salad and dessert (ice cream), not available ala carte. As we are not big eaters, my husband & I ordered from this section. The pasta was very ordinary but it was swimming in sauce. Each plate easily had enough sauce for 4 or 5 dinnrs. Our relative chose a pannini. It didn't resemble any panini that we had ever seen. It was huge, and also drowing in sauce. The bread was tough. Enormous doesn't equal quality. The service was cheerful but slow. With all the great restaurants in Portland, this is one you can skip

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
“Might be the worst Italian restaurant...”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2010

Might be the worst Italian restaurant I've ever been to. I asked the waiter to make sure the pasta was al dente and she said that was impossible because the pasta was pre-made. Sure enough the pasta dish came back wet and soggy like something out of a can. It's hard to imagine why anyone would pay money for food like this by the place has managed to stay in business for a long time. Portland has amazing restaurants but we haven't been able to find good Italian spots. This one is the worst.

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Sun Valley, ID
“Pleasantly Surprised”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2009

I hadn't been to this restaurant in years and remembered it as being a traditional Italian restaurant when I was a kid-they always had spumoni ice cream. But I was pleasantly surprised when I went while in town last week-they had done some remodeling that really updated the feel of the restaurant and made it much more open. And they added a bar which looked like it had a great happy hour, and outdoor seating on a patio. It was really cute! The menu is still basically pasta, but they had a great caprese salad, wine selection and soups. I ordered the side of spaghetti for $4 and it was more than enough-a great portion. I definitely recommend checking it out for happy hour or dinner.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere