“Happy Hour Goodness” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Pazzo Ristorante

Pazzo Ristorante
627 SW Washington St., Portland, OR 97205 (Downtown)
(503) 228-1515
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Pazzo Ristorante is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #82 of 3,621 Restaurants in Portland
Cuisines: Italian
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: Downtown
Cross street: Broadway and Washington
Transit: 2 Blocks from Bus Mall / MAX (Pioneer Courthouse Square)
Salem, Oregon
“Happy Hour Goodness”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2013

Lovely Happy Hour drinks and appetizers. The BEST lemon drop ever, ever! Great service and the best personal-sized pizza ever,
Such a nice time, thank yoU!

• Visited December 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Woodstock, GA
“Two excellent meals”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2013 via mobile

Staying at the Vintage Plaza, and with the extreme cold it's been wonderful having such a delightful restaurant attached. Had a great meal Saturday night, but it was fun sitting grill side while Chef Dan Halverstadt worked his magic with his great team tonight (Tuesday). Another wonderful meal, Chef Dan even took the time to make sure everything was perfect on my individual evening was just right (and also gave me some cooking advice!). Great food, and they allowed you enough time to relish each dish without forcing you to the next course. Highly recommended.

Visited December 2013
Jason G, General Manager at Pazzo Ristorante, responded to this review, December 14, 2013
Hi Wick,
So glad you had the opportunity to have dinner at the Chefs Counter. We look forward to seeing you again,
Jason
“Ultimate dining experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2013 via mobile

I ate here two years ago At my brothers wedding rehearsal dinner and I was impressed with the food and the service, and two years later I am still impressed with everything. This is a great place for taking your family out to dinner and also if you wanted to take a date out for dinner.

• Visited November 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Vancouver, Canada
“Solid Choice for Italian Food in Downtown Portland”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2013

We dined at Pazzo Ristorante on a Saturday night in late November and enjoyed it very much. The service was friendly and professional and the restaurant itself was comfortable and felt quite intimate for such a large place.

We each started with the Natalino salad. This is Pazzo's caesar salad and we both felt it was one of the freshest tasting ones that we had ever had. The romaine was served in small stalks instead of being chopped up in pieces and this meant that there was none of the sogginess than can sometimes occur with caesar salads.

We then both opted for pasta dishes. I had the pappardelle and my wife had the gnocchi. Again, the dishes were well prepared and very tasty, although while my wife felt her portion was enough, I felt mine was acceptable, but not what I would call overly generous.

Anyway, that just led me to order dessert, which was amazing. I ordered the salted caramel gelato, which may have been the best ice cream I've ever tasted. I understand that this item rotates through their menu, but if I were Pazzo's management, I'd consider making this particular flavour a staple.

Pazzo Ristorante also had a nice wine list and we were able to select a good wine for a decent price. Overall, we enjoyed our meal. We recommend this restaurant and would definitely return.

Visited November 2013
Hi Flynn,
I heard you loud and clear! I will pass along your suggestion to the Pastry Chef!
Thanks for your time,
Jason
Salt Lake City
“Great bar food during happy hour”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2013

Had a great pizza and drinks during happy hour, and the restaurant looks lovely too, although we didn't get a chance for dining.

Visited November 2013