“Sunday Night Suprise” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Pazzo Ristorante

Pazzo Ristorante
627 SW Washington St., Portland, OR 97205 (Downtown)
(503) 228-1515
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Pazzo Ristorante is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #78 of 3,627 Restaurants in Portland
Cuisines: Italian
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: Downtown
Cross street: Broadway and Washington
Transit: 2 Blocks from Bus Mall / MAX (Pioneer Courthouse Square)
Stayton
“Sunday Night Suprise”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

We walked in Sunday evening after a movie with no reservation and were both pleased and surprised with the food and atmosphere for a Sunday night. It had been years since we had eaten here. The food and service were both first class.
On top of everything else, at the table across from us the young man got on his knee and proposed to his date. She accepted and Champange was shared.
We won't wait so long to return.

• Visited January 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

New York City, New York
“Relaxed ambience, good food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

Breakfast options are terrific. There is also a separate bakery with terrific pastries, especially the brioche.

Visited January 2013
“Great meal with terrific service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

On our first night in Portland and without reservations, we took the hotel's recommendation to try Pazzo. We were not disappointed. Our waitress, Amy, was cheerful and helpful and attentive. She was generous in her conversation even on a busy night. She made helpful recommendations for food and drinks and made us feel very much at home. The Manhattan she served us was one of the best I've ever had, the Mista Salad was perfectly dressed and so fresh tasting. The risotto with Meyer lemon and shrimp was bright and tasty and a perfect serving size.The wine selection was a marvelous compliment to the meal. A very nice beginning to a wonderful few days in Portland.Thanks, Amy!

• Visited December 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Portland, Oregon
“Always a great experiences”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2012

Service from the time you walk in the door to when you leave is spot on. Server made appropriate and thoughtful suggestions on the food and drink. When my drink was not to my liking they took it away and gave me another one. I had a shrimp risotto which was perfectly al dente, succulent shrimp not overcooked to rubber, and sweet corn which tasted like it had just been picked. My friend had ravioli which again was perfectly al dente and very flavorful. Both of us ended up having lemon drop cocktails which were perfectly made. I have had many wonderful glasses of wine here in the past with great recommendations from the wait staff. I don't think I have every had bad food here either. Loved it as usual!

• Visited August 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Portland, Oregon
“Disappointing”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2012

My friend and I shared the trenne pasta in their lounge. The service was good, but the pasta was undercooked with no notable seasoning other than parm. cheese (I like al dente, but this was simply tough) The crab in the dish was frozen and resembled imitation crab from the supermarket. (chewy and in chunks) For $18 it should have been much better.

On the up side, the wine and bread was decent, my friend especially enjoyed the Chianti. But, we both agreed we wouldn't be back for dinner.

• Visited December 2012