“I've never written a bad review, but.........” 2 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #2,167 of 3,621 Restaurants in Portland
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Oregon City, Oregon
“I've never written a bad review, but.........”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

I have always been reluctant to write a bad review, but have to say this one is warrented.

My family and I used to eat here frequently, but stopped as the food quality and service had steadily declined. I got a gift card for my birthday and August so we tried it again. The meals were not prepared as requested, ( over & under cooked ), no offer to refill drinks, menu items brought served out of order.

I give credit to the manager as he did his level best to please us, but the rest of his team failed to deliver.

Sorry, but we will not be returning any time soon.

• Visited September 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food

Hillsboro, Oregon
“'Pretty Good'”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013

We decided to visit Outback for dinner as we were in the Clackamas town centre. I'd never been at the 'Clackamas' restaurant before and thought why not. My wife had Fillet, my son a kids meal and myself a Sirlion.

I have to say no complaints at all about the food - i loved it as did my wife. Food was perfect and steaks excellent. I admit Outback can be hit & miss when it come to food at times but this time it was excellent.

The service on the other had was junk! Our server was more preoccupied with a group table beside us than our needs. Our table was sticky so we cleaned it ourselves. Approx 20 costers sitting on our table - just looks wrong. Took ages for refills, server not checking. When dinner was deliverd we sat looking at it as we had no silverwear, waited for that to be brought to us. Sauces we ordered for our steaks were forgot by server and found in kitchen by cook and brough out to us. And yet i for some reason still left a tip!

In short - food was very good - service was lacking.

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
portland
“cardboard”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

we went to outbacksteakhouse for Prime Rib and it had to be the worse steak that either one of us had ever had. It was so dry that there was no moisture to it at all. We had them cooked medium and couldn't eat them, we put them in the garbage because the dog wouldn't even eat them.We told the manager about it and all she said was oh sorry, we just haven't figured out how to keep them moist after cooking them. We were there Nov 2012

• Visited November 2011
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Portland, Oregon
“Get a new waiter”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2012

It was my birthday, June 27th, 2012. The family took me out for surf and turf. Waiter was clueless as to the menu and the specials. He must have made 10 trips to review the board. Drinks were late. He was spot on on the water order. Food was good and to our specs.
After dinner he offerred me a birthday special-an ice cream sundae on the house. My grand daughter was elated-she knew I'd share. After waiting for it and receiving the check and paying the bill, the sundae never came. When we were trying to gain his attention he would go to the other side of the room and stand there. Finally he had the best of us and we left.
We use to go there once in awhile. Get the picture?

• Visited June 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Yakima, Washington
“Best Outback Service and Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2012

I love the Outback but unfortunately our local one is awful. We decided to try this one when in Portland. They know what they are doing! The staff was well prepared for the holiday and the service was awesome. I kept getting surprised at how organized and efficient they were. There were no problems with our food, which never happens. It was delicious and we were treated very well!

• Visited May 2012