“Veal Parmagiana” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations, Delivery
Mukilteo
“Veal Parmagiana”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2013

Tried this on a recent visit to Portland as I looked for a restaurant with veal parmagiana (or veal parmesean, if you prefer) and outside of downtown. These folks know how to make a tomato gravy, pound a veal, use sufficient mozzarella, and attend to diners. The setting is a touch rustic -- why are there rarely ceilings in Northwest restaurants??? -- and it's easy to get to as it's on a major thoroughfare. The only disappointment was the bread; while tasty it's typically soft not the crusty Italian bread you may be used to from back east.

• Visited October 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

65% Recommend
Portland, Oregon
“Delicious Italian Food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

Denicola's has some absolutely amazing entrees, chicken cacciatore is our favorite. Very friendly staff with a family-owned feel. The decor is a bit dated so I wouldn't give the highest marks to the atmosphere but the food more makes it well worth a visit. Plus, it is affordable and they often offer discounts like all-you-can-eat spaghetti night and online coupons.

• Visited July 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Portland
“Love It!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

We went here because we had a groupon or living social, I don't recall which, but we had been meaning to try it so that reminded us to go. It is one of the few places I can go in PDX which has an authentic east coast feel to it. The food is great. We even went back and it was still just as good. True Italian servings, aka don't go home hungry, cuz you can't.

Visited March 2013
Gresham, Oregon, United States
“What is a word for clothes pin my nose in Italian”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

I took family from out of town here for a relaxing dinner, The place had an odd odor to it, though it was supposed to be a very good place, and it was for the most part everything but. Out of 6 people none of us could come up with something to eat off the large expensive menu that looked good other than the pizza, Honestly I should have bought dough and the meats and did this myself, Atmosphere was very plain, service needs polish, I do believe that the owners kids are the wait staff and they don't feel they need to wait on anyone except themselves, I watched them eat. Price $69.00 for 2 large pizza's and soda's, I choked on the bill, but I had a groupon and the owner refused to let me use it, The owner just wanted to argue so we payed the bill and left. I looked at the reviews and ratings before I went and that turned out to be a mistake, you can't believe all you read in this case. I will not return.

• Visited March 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Albany, Oregon
“Good food, nice interior”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2013

Used a Living Social coupon and it made for a great value. Not very crowded but did have to wait what seemed like a long time for a not very friendly waitress to help us. Had two dinner salads, a large pizza, and a half a loaf of garlic bread. Thick crust on the pizza (normal crust for this restaurant ) was a good choice. Not sure I would return without a coupon, but possibly.

Visited March 2013