“What is a word for clothes pin my nose in Italian” 1 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Gresham, Oregon, United States
“What is a word for clothes pin my nose in Italian”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

I took family from out of town here for a relaxing dinner, The place had an odd odor to it, though it was supposed to be a very good place, and it was for the most part everything but. Out of 6 people none of us could come up with something to eat off the large expensive menu that looked good other than the pizza, Honestly I should have bought dough and the meats and did this myself, Atmosphere was very plain, service needs polish, I do believe that the owners kids are the wait staff and they don't feel they need to wait on anyone except themselves, I watched them eat. Price $69.00 for 2 large pizza's and soda's, I choked on the bill, but I had a groupon and the owner refused to let me use it, The owner just wanted to argue so we payed the bill and left. I looked at the reviews and ratings before I went and that turned out to be a mistake, you can't believe all you read in this case. I will not return.

• Visited March 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food

Albany, Oregon
“Good food, nice interior”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2013

Used a Living Social coupon and it made for a great value. Not very crowded but did have to wait what seemed like a long time for a not very friendly waitress to help us. Had two dinner salads, a large pizza, and a half a loaf of garlic bread. Thick crust on the pizza (normal crust for this restaurant ) was a good choice. Not sure I would return without a coupon, but possibly.

Visited March 2013
Portland, Oregon
“DeNicola's”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

A discount coupon took us to this outstanding restaurant, but we'll be back, coupn or no. Terrific southern Italian food. If you grew up in Jersey, Phili or NY you would be very much at home in this restaurant. Food is ample, tastey and service was great. We paid to have the full dinners that included salad and antipasto. Everything was GREAT. The house salad was one of the best I have had in along time; simple, but fresh & topped with their house blue cheese dressing!!! The breads were warm and yummy. I had the Gnochi Mezza Mezza, my wife had the Dungeness Crab Alfredo. We needed "to go" boxes. The desert menu looked wonderful but there was no room. Maybe next time!! Bring the whole family.

• Visited March 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Portland, Oregon
“Great Family Restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2012

We have visted this restaurant four times in the last four months. We've tried the veal parmesan, eggplant parmesan, meat manacotti, and one of the calzones. Additionally, as part of the meal, we've tasted the side spagetti, the side salad, bread offered with meals, the salami plate, and the spamonie (sp). Everything was absolutely delightful. Great taste and plentiful. Superb veal parmesan and eggplant parmesan!
The building from the outside is not imposing. It almost reminded me of an old Denny's building. The interior is family friendly, and not too fancy.
The servers and owner not only made us feel welcome, we were appreciated. It was a wonderful experience. Again, it was all about comfort and casual dining.
I would recommend this place to anyone who wants to enjoy a great meal in a comfortable, casual diningroom.

• Visited December 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Clackamas, Oregon
“disappointed”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2012

I went to DeNicola's today. Try to go a few times a year for the past 10-15 years. Today I learned that you don't get the antipasto plate or salad without paying extra. The food is good but the policy left me with a bad taste in my mouth. It will be a while b4 I return. Most other Italian restaurants in the area include salad, antipasto and perhaps ice cream, all for one price.

• Visited July 2012