“Food is Great” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1,343 of 3,629 Restaurants in Portland
Cuisines: Vegetarian
“Food is Great”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

The only place I have had better Vegan Asian cuisine is a Buddhist monastery outside of Hong Kong. We went because they had a lunch booth at VegFest last September, tasty. The food at the restaurant is better than that! Sweet and Sour Chicken was so delicious after we tasted it, we all wished we had ordered more. The eggplant was disturbingly good, disturbing because I think about going back and getting some more all the time. The Kung Pao Tofu was tasty and expertly prepared, I took home the leftover and stir fried it with broccoli for lunch the next day, yum. Veggie spring rolls were made fresh, I hadn't realized that I hadn't had fresh egg rolls in quite some time. The rice and hot tea were included in the price of the meal. The chef really knows how to prepare his dishes, but he seems uncomfortable with his customers. We went at an off hour, so hopefully there is more staff working at other times.

• Visited April 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Portland, Oregon
“Even Carnivores Love Green Wok”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2012

I am not even close to being a vegetarian. It took my vegan sister moving to town for me to be introduced to the Green Wok and I may never want any other Chinese food again. Salt & Pepper tofu....go try it! Eat it EVERY day it is so good. I have enjoyed every bite from this place. It is a hole in the wall and not really convenient but find it, you will thank me!

• Visited May 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Poulsbo, Washington
“Excellent food, being vegan is not required”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2012

The food at the Green Wok is worth going out of your way for, even if you're not vegan. Try the Vegetarian Bird-Nest Chicken. It's amazing. Spicy & sweet, crispy and wonderful.

Visited April 2011
Mount Uniacke, Nova Scotia
“This tiny restaurant packs a huge punch in the food industry.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2011

As a vegan myself, I was delighted to eat in a place where everything was of plant origin, and so utterly tasty. The buffet ($6:50 for all you can eat, Monday through Friday) was excellent value. The food was not only tasty but hot and well presented in the buffet trays. Full marks for flavour and presentation! And not one animal was hurt or destroyed for our pleasure. Who needs meat???

• Visited April 2011
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Portland, Oregon
“Can't believe it's not meat!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2010

Green Wok is by far the most inventive and delicious vegetarian restaurant I've dined at. The lunch buffet is a steal at $6.50 and the orders off the menu for lunch and dinner and take-out are scrumptious. My friends couldn't believe the General Tso's Chicken wasn't chicken.
Located in a hole-in-the-wall strip mall, it's easy to drive right by. But don't miss it...well worth the drive from outlying areas.