“Great Atmosphere and Appeal” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #220 of 3,687 Restaurants in Portland
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Las Vegas, Nevada
“Great Atmosphere and Appeal”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

The staff is wonderful, personable and friendly. Service was great. Jason took our order and I enlisted him to fill-in-the-blanks so I wasn't positve exactly what I was getting. I had to try a lemon-ricotta pancake since I had read other reviews on it. The lemon flavor was subtle and not over-powering. The blueberry compote was a nice accent. I also ate a simple breakfast sandwich that was excellent. The bacon was especially good and crisp in it. My friend ordered a scramble and personalized it. She also ordered a waffle that came with a Chai syrup that was amazing! The ambiance of the restaurant was wonderful. The artwork gave it such amazing character. The bathroom is also a must visit!

• Visited September 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

The Woodlands, Texas
“Great Food, Great Atmosphere, Great Price”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

Not much I didn't like about this little eatery. Reminded me of the hole in the wall eateries in San Francisco from my younger days. People watching was superb, food was excellent, plentiful and tasty. We had breakfast and the hash browns were more than enough for two. My egg scramble was wonderful with lots of garlic chunks exactly as I like it, fresh mushrooms and fresh spinach. Sprouted wheat toast was wonderful. Hubby's smoked salmon scramble was excellent and my cousins meal was as well. No problem substituting fruit for my hash browns although I will try the hash browns, extra crispy, next time. Parking was a little hard to find but so worth the walk. Our next visit to Portland will include this place for breakfast.

• Visited August 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Southfield, Michigan
“The decor was better than the food”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

We had high hopes for this eclectic little spot when we walked in. We immediately noticed the cool wall space, art and decor. Our server interacted in what was first felt to be an interestingly different, rye, sarcastic way too. We thought it was the prelude to a truly delightful meal performance. Unfortunately, the meal we ordered was on par with drab, other local eatery franchises...except that coffee is served hotter and fresher at those OTHER franchises.
The chai syrup was the best addition to an otherwise chewy, uninteresting waffle. Oatmeal was requested with everything — milk, nuts, berries, and cranberries, however it arrived so luke warm and pasty that the butter pat didn't melt in it. Ice cold milk appeared much later, though the cereal was cold by then. I never did get the nuts and cranberry additions, much less any seasonal berries. No mention was made as to why it didn't happen. It was just ignored.
The lemon ricotta pancakes with blueberry compote didn't rock my companion's world like he had anticipated. He found the amount of blueberry so small that he needed to order regular syrup.
The food troubles coupled with the dry razor edge demeanor of the overly busy waiter resulted in that uncomfortable feeling in the pit of one's stomach of needing to escape the place as soon as the payment hit the table.

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Brooklyn, New York
“A Family "Go To" Place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

With a twist on breakfast (chai blueberry pancakes, Grand Marnier french toast, pesto scramble, vegetarian gravy...), this hearty brunch served daily allows everyone an option. Lots of seating, so wait isn't too long. My only complaint is that the hash browns could be a little crispier for my taste.

Having never been before, I went twice in one week's vacation time to meet with friends and family--service was great both times. Perhaps the last few comments have made a difference.

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Portland, Oregon
“Need a lesson in customer service!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

This place does not have very good customer service.. not by the servers (although we had to ask a passerby if we could order our breakfast because our server was nowhere to be found) but more in the arogance of the owner.

No low fat or skim milk (we only serve 2% - YUK!) What's up with that in this age of obesity?
No de-caffinated coffee - what???
No splitting of checks - can you be anymore controlling?
No individual checks - figure it out for yourself!

Now, that's what I call crappy customer service!

• Visited June 2013